Default Anyone not send their toddler to preschool?

I'm at stay at home mom of twins in a major city where preschool is either very expensive or I don't like how they take them off site on leashes through major traffic. I plan to sign them up for other classes, activities. Anyone else opt out of preschool?

petesgirl is online now Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Well, DS is only 2 so as far as preschool goes well have some time to decide. Does your local school district offer any programs? Ours just started a free 1/2 day preschool for 4 yr old's. If that is still available in a few years we will look into it. I am a sample also and we have never done daycare.
    Mama to :
    DS1 (July 2011)
    DD (Feb 2014-June 2015)
    DS2 (Apr 2017)

"You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view...Until you climb inside his skin and walk around in it."
    --Atticus Finch (To Kill A Mockingbird)

Our school district offer free half days for 3 year olds and upwards, till they enter kindy full time.

Thing is in my town, the half day is really only 2.5 hours a day; drop off at 8:50am & pick up is 11:55 before noon or the afternoon slot. That'll be a good option for my DS, I'm thinking if I enroll him there next fall and bring him back home in afternoon for his nap while I'll have my baby to care for. Right now at 2 years old, he goes to a mothers center for 2 half days a week, which is just good enough for him as I like taking him to places, etc with me.

Cate
    Mummy to DS1-6/11 and DS2-1/14

larig is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

If you're in a big city, you might look into co-op preschools in your area. We found them very reasonable and rewarding.
    L, mommy to my one and only, super-sweet boy, G 6/08

I'm pro-big bird, and I vote.

citymama is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Co-ops sound like a great way to go, or lab schools. We're in a major metropolis and neither of our kids went/go to preschools where they ever get taken out on leashes. All field trips have parent volunteers and we always volunteered (like 2-3 a year). We really loved the lab school where DD1 went. How old are your kids? I think some preschool before K is really nice. Or you could make a homeschool preschool with other parents a couple of times a week!

for Sandy Hook

Default Mohsin

Right now at 2 years old, he goes to a mothers center for 2 half days a week, which is just good enough for him as I like taking him to places, etc with me.

LMPC is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I commented, but then realized how old the OP was.
    Last edited by LMPC; 09-25-2014 at 10:14 AM.
    Mommy to a total chatterbox
    DD now tells me she prefers to be known as a
    DD 10/08

abh5e8 is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

no preschool here. we were planning to homeschool, so we just did activities, classes, play dates and when dd started her home school co-op once a week in kinday, the 2 and 4 year olds came along. no regrets! its not essential.
    loving my dh and our littles (dd ~ 11 yrs, ds ~ 9 yrs, ds ~ 7 yrs, dd ~ 5 yrs and baby brother ~ 20 mo)

Old thread so I'm locking it.
    Mommy to 2 DS's (2003 and 2007)