Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Uneasy feeling?

Default Uneasy feeling?

Any of you moms have had or currently pregnant had uneasy feeling about your pregnancy, how did you manage it?

This is my 2nd pregnancy and boy it's a world of difference from my first in terms of emotions. With my first, it was a textbook pregnancy with just nausea, so I never felt hesitate or uneasy about whether the baby was ok. I just took it all for granted that I'll have a healthy baby, which I did!

This time round; my baby was conceived by IVF and have had couple of scares with potential miscarriage during first 7-8 weeks. It wasn't until I had my NT scan at 13 half weeks that I felt like the baby is ok. Now I'm feeling uneasy and not sure why??

I don't have much of a bump at almost 16 weeks, apart from mild nausea 3-4 a week, I wouldn't known I'm pregnant! Don't feel my baby moving, so I feel like I'm in a no man's land...with not many symptoms to reassure me and no bump/baby moving.

How do you manage? Sorry if this is becoming a novel for you to read!

Cate
    Mummy to DS1-6/11 and DS2-1/14

First

I had a severe hemorhage with DD2 and bled heavily for almost my entire pregnancy. It was realy hard for me and I spent the entire pregnancy convinced I was having a miscarriage. The hardest part for me was that up until I was 34 weeks pregnant, I mentally refused to allow myself to get excited or attached to the baby because I was so convinced I would lose her. That was the only way I could really manage the stress and the uneasiness of the pregnancy. I don't think that is a good answer but that is how I dealt with it.
    Mommy to my little bear cubs DD1 and DD2- 4/2010 and 4/2012

Philly Mom is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I hate being pregnant for this reason. I had massive bleeding in my first trimester with both pregnancies. With this one, my progesterone levels were so low, my ob is not sure how the baby took. I did feel awful for awhile so that helped but I had people saying to me all the time that I wasn't popping and I should have been. I did not gain any weight for the first 20 weeks. This baby also doesn't move very much. Honestly, I just look forward to my next appointment to hear the heartbeat. I want to reach 30 weeks.
    Last edited by Philly Mom; 07-31-2013 at 05:24 PM.

I don't have a good answer, just commiseration. I feel like I was so naive with DD1 and even again with DD2, just trusting that everything would be OK - and both of them involved fertility treatments to conceive. And then I had a spontaneous pregnancy which ended in a m/c, and I've alternated between being a total nervous wreck with this (also spontaneous) pregnancy and feeling like it was "meant to be".

Actually, the closer I get to the end this time, the more and more uneasy I'm becoming, even being able to feel movement. Every time I get busy and think, "hmm, when's the last time I felt baby move?" I start thinking something is really, really wrong and have to poke at my belly until he gets annoyed and kicks me back...and with running the older kids everywhere I'm busy a lot so I have these moments of panic a lot. I'm 36 weeks tomorrow and really trying hard not to dwell on all the bad things that could happen, but I can't recapture the totally excited-to-meet-baby feeling I had towards the end of my first two pregnancies. It's definitely not healthy that I'm worried about opening the carseat box and setting it up in the car in case something happens and I can't use it, right? I'm actually enough worried that I think I'm going to talk about it with my midwife at my appointment on Friday...I'm starting to think it's more than normal pregnancy jitters. (Or maybe it *is* normal, which would make me feel better.)

Hopefully you'll start feeling movement pretty soon (all of mine were between 16 and 20 weeks) and that will be reassuring to you!

Sarah
    Mommy to:
    Carolyn, 10/04
    Anna, 7/08
    Matthew, 8/13

Hugs. Hopefully you will feel the baby moving soon. I don't like the uncertainty of the first half if pregnancy. I'll be 38 weeks tomorrow and I'm feeling so done.
    DD (3/06)
    DS1 (7/09)
    DS2 (8/13)

petesgirl is online now Emerald level (3000+ posts)

I have a friend who tried for 8 yrs to get pregnant and they finally did ivf but she really had a hard time being excited during the pregnancy. They bought a fetal heart monitor online that helped her feel ok about things. Would something like that be helpful to you?
    Mama to :
    DS1 (July 2011)
    DD (Feb 2014-June 2015)
    DS2 (Apr 2017)

"You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view...Until you climb inside his skin and walk around in it."
    --Atticus Finch (To Kill A Mockingbird)

kaharris83 is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I also had a doppler at home to use during the time before I could feel movement. It is hard. Hope you your little one starts moving and grooving soon for reassurance.
    DS1 July 2010
    DS2 November 2012

scrooks is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I hear you. We had several losses, some of them late. I honestly just didn't get too attached to ds2 until I had him in my arms. Even while they were prepping me for the csection and I was hooked up to a heart monitor I was freaking out if he moved and I couldn't hear his heartbeat. This was just a few moments before heading to the OR. I can only tell you just try not to think about it...
    DD 7/07
    DS1 9/09
    DS2 7/13

llama8 is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I felt uneasy about my 1st pregnancy and was barely showing even though the 12 week screening looked good. I did wind up losing that pregnancy for no apparent reason at 18 weeks. I refused to get excited during my subsequent 2 pregnancies, but they both were healthy. There is no answer except have a support network and try to handle the stress. Many people had uneasy feelings and went on to have healthy pregnancies. Try not to stress too much until you have a reason to. Best of luck.
    DD 11/09
    DD 06/11

kep is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I had three (mostly) healthy babies, with only a small amount of normal pregnancy worry, especially before I was able to feel them kicking around. With my forth, I felt extremely uneasy the entire pregnancy. I "knew" that the baby wasn't going to miscarry, but the amount of dread and unease I felt the whole pregnancy freaked me out. I mentioned it to DH on many occasions. Baby number four ended up being born with complete cleft lip & palate, undiagnosed previously. I have thought about it ever since, wondering if my body instinctually knew that something was "off" during that pregnancy. It was really the oddest thing.

That being said, I think that every mom goes through those feelings of unease and worry. Most times everything turns out great. Best of luck!
    Kelli
    Mom to 5 amazing kids (5 to 17 years)
    Mom of a cleft lip & palate warrior

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast