MMMommy is online now Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Default Playa Grande or Casa Dorada for Los Cabos trip for family of four?

My mind keeps changing as I read more and more Tripadvisor reviews. I've eliminated the All Inclusive Dreams after reading some very bad food reviews.

Has anyone ever stayed at Playa Grande or Casa Dorada? Are either of these better suited for kids (more fun for kids ages 8 and 9)? Namely, better, more varied pools and such. I am interested in the All Inclusive Dining option that Playa Grande offers, which I don't have to purchase for the entire stay. Would love to stay at some other ones like Villa Estancia or Cabo Azul, but out of budget.

Thanks for any advice!
    Mommy to Two DDs
    Member of the BBB I Love Brussels Sprouts Society

(Why? Because the banana smilie is just so funny)

lcarlson90 is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I have stayed at both properties and they are both very nice. We didn't bring our kids either time so I can't really comment on activities for kids at the resorts. We didn't eat at either resort since there are so many amazing restaurants to eat at in the city. I would say that the pool at Casa Dorado may have been slightly nicer then Playa Grande. The spa at CD was really great...I had a wonderful massage there. They are both within walking distance to the Marina which is nice.
    Gavin 7.30.08
    Dylan 2.24.05

MMMommy is online now Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Thanks and nice to know that you liked both. Thanks!
    Mommy to Two DDs
    Member of the BBB I Love Brussels Sprouts Society

(Why? Because the banana smilie is just so funny)

sntm is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Cads Dorsda is lovely and has two pools plus a kids area that my kids never used. Cheaper massages elsewhere. Great food elsewhere- la hacienda, a place right next to it on the beach with table side Caesar salad.
    Ds1 has the most fun when another boy his age wasA there. Ds2 was only 8 months and was oblivious. We love it there though
    shannon
    ~~~~~~~~~~~
    Another Queen of the House of Boys:
    DS#1 2003
    DS#2 my mother's day gift 2012
    DH
    Mikey, the cat and rhinestone-collared, pink-leashed Schatze, our Rottweiler girl