marinkitty is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Default BTDT experience with Montana skiing?

I'd love to hear from people who have gone skiing at either Big Sky or Big Mountain (Whitefish Mt. Resort) in Montana. We have skiied in CO (Vail, Breckenridge) and UT (PCM, Deer Valley) and our group of families who ski every year at Spring Break are itching to try something new and Montana seems to be gaining some traction. We would be going very late season - first week of April is our spring break next year - so good spring snow conditions are probably the most important thing. But we will also have kids aged 6-12 who would be in ski school and range in ability from beginner to advanced skiiers. Coming from Chicago so I think we can fly direct to Big Sky but not to Big Mountain (would have to connect into Kalispell).

If you have skiied MT please let me know if you liked it and how it compares to other spots you've been.

Thanks!

Philly Mom is online now Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I prefer Vail, Steamboat and the Utah resorts to Big Sky.

Big Sky is BUTT cold.
    Mom to:
    DS '02
    DS '05
    Percy--the wild furry child!!! 2022----
    Simon--the first King Charles cutie 2009-2022
    RIP Andy, the furry first child, 1996-2012

"The task of any religion is not to tell us who we are entitled to hate but to teach us who we are required to love."

Dh grew up in Montana and 25 years later, Big Sky is still his favorite. He says definitely BS over BM. . Big Mountain tends to fog ink whereas BS is always gorgeous. You fly to Bozeman to go to Big Sky.
    ~~AngelaS~~
    Mommy to 3 girls: A, G and M. (15, 11 and 8.5)

The education of all children, from the moment that they can get along without a mother's care, shall be in state institutions at state expense.
    – Karl Marx, "The Communist Manifesto"

Momit is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

We skied Big Sky several years ago and loved it. We also did a day snowmobiling in Yellowstone, which was awesome.
    DS age 9