Thread: Mammoth Cave

KrisM is offline Clean Sweep forum moderator

Default Mammoth Cave

Has anyone been with kids lately? We're thinking of a short road-trip this summer and I thought the kids might like that. Curious what ages you think it's good for and how long we'd need to be there.
    Kris

trentsmom is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I was there five years ago when we only had DS1 (he was 4 1/2). I remember reading about all of these great tours that I thought would work for him, but by the time we got there, most of them were sold out. So my advice is that when you've picked which tour you like, go ahead and buy tickets online. I plan on doing that they next time we're there, which should be next summer.

I just checked the website, and I can't figure out which tour we went on. All I can remember is that we went in the natural entrance. I went as a child, and I remember being very impressed by the huge cave. Unfortunately, that room was not on our tour. Maybe I'll see it again next year!
    DS1 11/03
    DS2 5/09

KrisM is offline Clean Sweep forum moderator

Thanks for the advice!
    Kris

kcimato is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

We took a 6 year old 2 years ago and he loved it. I agree with PP. Buy your tickets before you get there. We were there early and the one we wanted was sold out for that time frame.