Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    3isEnough is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Default HUGE shoutout for Face Reality Acne Clinic (no more acne!)

About a month and a half ago someone started a thread in Healthy You asking about acne solutions, here http://windsorpeak.com/vbulletin/sho...cne-prone-skin. JerseyGirl posted in that thread about Face Reality Acne Clinic and specifically about their Mandelic Acid.

It was great timing for me because I was yet again dealing with a major, embarrassing breakout. I read up on the skin clinic that night and decided to give their Long Distance program a try since I had nothing to lose. I've been having major breakouts for the past 5 years or so and nothing was working - I've tried Spironolactone, Retin A, other prescribed creams and gels, Kiehls products, and other stuff and nothing helped at all. I was using Retin A for the previous 6 months and that did zero to help me.

Face Reality is a skincare clinic in the San Francisco area that was started by an esthetician several years ago. Apparently she suffered from major acne and so she studied and researched the subject extensively and now specializes in treating acne. They treat local clients but also offer their services via email (you complete their questionnaire and send in pictures, they advise on a skincare regimen using their products, you purchase and use as directed). They apparently also train others regarding their system and they recommended a few estheticians who were semi-local to me and had trained with them, but I didn't want to take any chances with someone else who might or might not be good, so I stuck with the main clinic and chose to do the long distance program.

I received their products and started on their routine exactly a month ago yesterday and couldn't be happier with the results. I haven't had clear skin in at least 10 years despite trying all different products at the suggestion of various dermatologists, but the Face Reality products cleared me up within a week. They say that it can take up to 6 months to get clear, so I was a bit hesitant to consider my clear skin a success at first and figured the acne would return. But it's been a month and I haven't had a single pimple. I haven't had skin this clear since I was probably 15. I am totally and completely amazed.

There's no fee for their services, you just have to buy their products. My initial purchase cost me about $150 and the products are supposed to last 3 months I think.

Anyway, I'm sure I sound like a commercial for them but I really couldn't be happier with the results. And now I can finally focus on and treat my wrinkles, since I've completely ignored those while trying to clear up my acne. And in taking my pictures for Face Reality I realized just how wrinkled I am

A HUGE, HUGE thank you to Jerseygirl for recommending Face Reality, I'm totally indebted to you

Dream is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

That's great news. Glad you found a solution. Did it clear the marks too? I don't have huge breakouts but I do get tiny acne, random places and leaves horrible marks. Would love to find something to clear the marks.
    DD1 September 2008
    DD2 March 2011

alirebco is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

What's in the products? Ingredient wise?
    A, mom to Ethan age 5.5 and L age 2

That is so great to hear!!! I don't come on BBB all the time, but saw your thread tonight. Sooo glad it worked for you! I tell you, I am the biggest skincare junkie and have tried to many things, but since being on their long distance regimen, I don't even look anymore at other products because what they have prescribed for me is working. I wake up and never have to worry about seeing breakouts. It's awesome! It's also so freeing to not be on the hunt for the perfect product either.

As for their products, to respond to the other poster, it depends on if you have inflammatory on noninflammatory acne as to which ones they prescribe for you. The product formulations are very simplistic, don't contain a lot of inactive ingredients and fillers, or stuff in them that can cause you to break out. Honestly I've used other stuff out there with much more interesting sounding ingredient lists, but their stuff works! Simple but effective.

It's more about the way you use the products and the routine. For example, two big products in my routine are mandelic acid and benzoyl peroxide. Yes, you can get benzoyl peroxide at any old drugstore, but a lot of them have filler ingredients that are very comedogenic. For example, many of them have isopropyl myristate, laureth -4, or other stearate type of fatty compounds which can be pore clogging. They teach you how to build up to using the products daily and how to keep your skin moisturized at the same time, a hard balance to achieve. And how to work up to using BOYH of them together without totally killing your skin. The mandelic serum is awesome!

Thanks for the shout out and so glad it's working for ya!
    Marcy

DD1 2003
    DD2 2005
    DD3 2009

maestramommy is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Thanks for posting. I just went to their website, and read up on their long distance process. It does seem very expensive, which makes me hesitate a little.
    Melinda
    Mommy to
    The Gift 10/01/05
    Elfgirl 5/25/07
    Sparky 6/27/09

"Sunset to Twilight, Our Family's Journey with Alzheimer's." http://maestramommi.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by maestramommy View Post
    Thanks for posting. I just went to their website, and read up on their long distance process. It does seem very expensive, which makes me hesitate a little.
    The initial output was pricey, as you have to buy the products. But it works out to 30-40 bucks per month on average. Honestly, I'm frugal, but it is so worth the price of having clear skin. I've been on the regimen for almost 4 years now and have never looked back. They have tweaked my routine here and there. If you want something a bit cheaper, check out the regimen at acne.org. More simple and less products, but my skin really needs the mandelic acid as I get dead skin buildup quickly. But it works for many.
    Marcy

DD1 2003
    DD2 2005
    DD3 2009

Quote Originally Posted by jerseygirl07067 View Post
    The initial output was pricey, as you have to buy the products. But it works out to 30-40 bucks per month on average. Honestly, I'm frugal, but it is so worth the price of having clear skin. I've been on the regimen for almost 4 years now and have never looked back. They have tweaked my routine here and there. If you want something a bit cheaper, check out the regimen at acne.org. More simple and less products, but my skin really needs the mandelic acid as I get dead skin buildup quickly. But it works for many.
    To be honest, though it's pricey I was SO frustrated with and embarrassed by my skin that I would be willing to pay 10x what I'm paying just to have clear skin. I saw my sister today for the first time since I started with Face Reality and she was so impressed by my complexion that she said she's contacting them today.

One thing I really like about their regimen is that it doesn't involve any pills. I had taken Sprionolactone for about 2 years and stopped last year because it kept making me dizzy (and really wasn't helping with the acne at all).

Btw, for anyone interested my current morning regimen consists of using 1) cleanser, 2) toner, 3) mandelic acid, 4) moisturizer, and 5) sunscreen. All are Face Reality products (I really like the sunscreen, it's very light). And at night it's essentially the same but instead of sunscreen I use benzoyl peroxide. I've only been on it for 5 weeks now but I would guess that eventually I could replace a few of the products with generics/less expensive products (such as the cleanser, moisturizer and sunscreen). The Face Reality mandelic acid and benzoyl peroxide seem to be the critical components to the program.

Btw, for the PP who asked if the products are lightening scars/brown spots, I honestly can't really tell. I kind of assume they are because I have less noticeable "issues" with my face now, but I really don't know for sure only because I was more focused on active breakouts vs marks from previous breakouts.

Quote Originally Posted by 3isEnough View Post
    To be honest, though it's pricey I was SO frustrated with and embarrassed by my skin that I would be willing to pay 10x what I'm paying just to have clear skin. I saw my sister today for the first time since I started with Face Reality and she was so impressed by my complexion that she said she's contacting them today.

One thing I really like about their regimen is that it doesn't involve any pills. I had taken Sprionolactone for about 2 years and stopped last year because it kept making me dizzy (and really wasn't helping with the acne at all).

Btw, for anyone interested my current morning regimen consists of using 1) cleanser, 2) toner, 3) mandelic acid, 4) moisturizer, and 5) sunscreen. All are Face Reality products (I really like the sunscreen, it's very light). And at night it's essentially the same but instead of sunscreen I use benzoyl peroxide. I've only been on it for 5 weeks now but I would guess that eventually I could replace a few of the products with generics/less expensive products (such as the cleanser, moisturizer and sunscreen). The Face Reality mandelic acid and benzoyl peroxide seem to be the critical components to the program.

Btw, for the PP who asked if the products are lightening scars/brown spots, I honestly can't really tell. I kind of assume they are because I have less noticeable "issues" with my face now, but I really don't know for sure only because I was more focused on active breakouts vs marks from previous breakouts.

I looked around and it seems that Dermstore.com sells these same products. Anyone try those? http://www.dermstore.com/list_NuCelle_500376.htm
    I looked into thier long distance program and sounds like a lot of work, check-ins, pictures.

Quote Originally Posted by Mommy2Two View Post
    I looked around and it seems that Dermstore.com sells these same products. Anyone try those? http://www.dermstore.com/list_NuCelle_500376.htm
    I looked into thier long distance program and sounds like a lot of work, check-ins, pictures.
    I haven't tried the other products so can't speak to those, but I would suspect they are at least similar.

As for the check-ins and pictures, that's actually the easy part. I take the pictures using my ipad, which takes just a few minutes, and then complete the check-in form on their website using my ipad so I can upload the pictures directly. The whole process probably takes me 10 minutes max and I only have to do it every 2 weeks. However that said, the "lot of work" part for me is the skincare regimen. It's sort of a pain because there are multiple steps and I'm usually in a big hurry in the morning, but I keep telling myself that the time I spend doing the multi-step skincare stuff now is still less than the amount of time I used to spend applying foundation, cover up, etc. just to hide my breakouts. Now with my skin clear I can do makeup and look ready to go in just a few minutes because I'm not spending endless time just to get every pimple covered up. It's a good trade off of time

do you mind sharing the names of the acual products? If easier, I can PM.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast