Default Carrier for erhm...large chested women?

The title rather says it all. What brands or styles of carriers work for us?

I own a Ergo Performance. I really like it. I am large chested and large all over.
    Proud mom to one & only DS born 4/12
    Expecting someone new in April 2016

My sister falls into that category, and she was very happy with the Ergo Sport.

zag95 is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I am a giant mama (5'11") and about a 22-probably a 44d/dd. I tried on a Boba and a Beco Gemini, and went with the Gemini. Loved how it had adjustable straps- and didn't have to buy extra stuff like with an Ergo. Also love that baby can be positioned several ways. Try both a Boba and Beco (Gemini and Butterfly) to see what feels comfy. GL!

The Ergo worked well for me, I also had a CatBird Mei Tai that I used too.
    DD1- 5/2008
    DD2- 3/2012
    Expecting a Boy July 2014!

lizzywednesday is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I'm not as busty, but I do have broad shoulders and I liked the Ergo (with waistbelt extender, which I didn't end up actually needing) but not for the newborn phase - the infant insert is quite bulky and I felt that the placement of my DD was too high. She was 19" at birth, so the extra 4" of pillow under her bum plus where the carrier hit me on my shorter torso felt VERY awkward.

I didn't love the Ergo until my DD was about 4 months old - which was old enough to use it without the insert. I still wear her in a Toddler size KinderPack.

What I ended up adoring for the newborn stage was a woven wrap. I had an EllaRoo brand, but there are so many lovely makes & widths out there that if you're not afraid of a little bit of a learning curve, you'll find something that works well for you.

If it's at all possible, try a few different ones out before you buy - there are a number of sellers who do rental/preview deals as well as babywearing groups with libraries of carriers to try.
    ==========================================
    Liz
    DD (3/2010)

"Make mistakes! Get messy!" - Miss Frizzle

doberbrat is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I'm a larger busy mamma and I (and several of my similar sized friends) HATED the ergo w/a passion. I liked my kozy meitai, angelpak was ok, boba was very uncomfy. I loved loved loved my patapum till dd turned 3ish (shorter back), also LOVED my calyx though they no longer make new ones. My current favorite when I need a carrier is my toddler plus kinderpak.

So much depends on personal taste, how exactly you carry your weight, shoulder size/slope etc. Its really best if you can try some out. Look for a babywearing meeting, someone in your area who has a large stash or one of the rental programs.
    dd1 10/05
    dd2 11/09
    and ... a mini poodle!