Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

When I responded I forgot your kids are younger. I think Kids Space is a great bet, just remember to bring some extra clothes if it is hot because they have water features that the kids can play in.
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

Tondi G is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by AnnieW625 View Post
    When I responded I forgot your kids are younger. I think Kids Space is a great bet, just remember to bring some extra clothes if it is hot because they have water features that the kids can play in.
    Yes, but they have to wear shoes so also make sure you bring shoes that can get wet (flip flops or crocs or keens) as well.

I completely agree with all of the above suggestions. Here are a few others that are super close to or in the downtown area. I don't know your kids interests, but if they are into trains there is the Metro that you can take to various places and Union Station where the "real" trains are. You could have lunch there or just walk around to see the station and trains. Plus there is historic Olvera Street right near the train station. It is a pedestrian area with tons of food and shopping (think outside carts not mall stuff) that celebrates the Mexican heritage of the city. If your kids are super early risers, there is also the flower mart which can be fun to walk through but it starts at the crack of dawn! There also might be local farmers markets on certain days. You can check it out online or ask your hotel. If your kids are like my daughter, who loves seeing big buses, etc. just walking to a grassy area (Pershing Square) or even walking around they will see a lot!

Especially since you will have access to a car, I strongly encourage you to try and explore some of the other suggestions listed above since there really are some fantastic kid friendly things to do. Many are not that far from downtown.

Have fun!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2