Default Suggestions for Caribbean all inclusive adults only resort?

DH and I want to plan a short trip, five days, in the spring to celebrate our 40th birthdays. We'll be leaving from Boston or Providence. Flexible on the date but were thinking March or April. Is that a good time to go?

We want some place with a few things to do at night but we won't be up all night partying either. We want a relaxing get away on the beach without the crowds. And without kids! Since its a short trip I'm planning on sitting on the beach reading a couple books. And we want all inclusive so we don't have to think about the bill every time we get dinner or splurge on a cocktail.

We went to Aruba five years ago and loved it. We stayed at the Divi all inclusive and the beach was so nice and quiet! Thanks for any suggestions you can give me.
    Mom of two girls and a boy

weech is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I highly recommend Excellence Resorts. DH and I had our honeymoon there (Punta Cana) and went back multiple times to other locations because I love their resorts so much. It's the ultimate in relaxation, no kids, amazing service, great food. I can't wait to go back!
    Rachel
    Momma to my sweet little bubba
    04/2010

Atlantis in the Bahamas. The Cove section has an adults only pool for cove guests. DH and I celebrated our 10 yr anniversary there kid free!

flashy09 is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I loved Sandals Grande in St Lucia
    DD1 9 yrs old 12/2011
    DD2 7 yrs old 01/2014

mommylamb is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

My parents wanted to do an adults only couples resort once and looked into Sandals. At the time, and this mat be different now, they only allowed opposite sex couples. My parents didn't want to go to a resort that had homophobic policies, so they chose something else. I can't remember where they went, but I would look into that if I were considering doing a couples resort.
    DS1 6/07

DS2 2/12

AnnieW625 is online now Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

My BIL and his wife loved Sandals in the Bahamas. They went in 2005.
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

Thanks for the info everyone. There's so many good reviews on all those resorts you mentioned it will take me a month to decide. But your recommendations will help me narrow it down.
    Mom of two girls and a boy

khalloc is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Sweetsunshine View Post
    Thanks for the info everyone. There's so many good reviews on all those resorts you mentioned it will take me a month to decide. But your recommendations will help me narrow it down.
    You might want to try the Bucuti in Aruba. It is adults only I believe. And supposed to get excellent reviews.
    DD 11/2005
    DS 4/2008