DS2 absolutely, positively, refuses to sleep in his crib. Has since birth. He's slept in a RnP, co-sleeper, swing, and his travel crib. Though the travel crib was for a week when he was 5 months and I slept on the floor next to him. Haven't been able to recreate that since. Anyway about a month ago he outgrew the swing and we started bed sharing. He is all over the place and pretty much hogs the entire king size bed. DH has said when DS2 is 12 months he's got to go to his own room. I really don't think we will be able to put him in a crib so I'm wondering if it's a terrible idea to just put him either on his crib mattress on the floor or get his big boy bed mattress and use that. Our mattress is on the floor right now because we were worried about him falling out of bed. I'm thinking about working slowly by putting his mattress in our room next to ours and putting him there and slowly moving him to his own room. Anyone done something similar? We'll have a gate at his door to keep him in his room and no dressers or bookshelves or anything in there. Basically just his mattress. That's how we had DS1s room when he was transitioned out of his crib.