TwoBees is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Default Diapers.com using LaserShip

It seems that diapers.com is now using a company called LaserShip for some shipments on the East coast. The idea is interesting but it needs some work. I placed an order at 9:15 on Thursday night and was excited to learn that I would be receiving my package by 8 pm on Friday, less than 24 hours after I ordered. Diapers.com must have a distribution center near me, and LaserShip acts as the courier. But the LaserShip driver delivered the package to the wrong address (something like delivering it to 5010 Main Street instead of 510)! While LaserShip CS was very nice in trying to remedy the situation, they could not send the driver back Friday night to straighten things out. The driver either returned on Saturday or my neighbor brought it over, because the package was on my porch Saturday afternoon (I was not home). Not such a good impression from a new company! I'm waiting for LaserShip CS to get back to me today as they said they would about next steps (and my guess is they do not know I now have the package).

I'm willing to give them a second chance, but I certainly won't be expecting next day service!
    Mom to a spirited, red-headed, former 28-weeker 10/2009 and a more mellow monkey 12/2013.

I'm sorry you didn't have a good experience with LaserShip. I ordered a few things from Diapers.com while on vacation this summer, and my packages were delivered via LaserShip also and came on time. Hope everything gets sorted out for you!

kaharris83 is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Amazon(who owns Diapers) has been using Lasership in my area for a few years now. I haven't ever had a problem with them. Sorry your package got mixed up, glad it got straightened out and I hope Lasership or Diapers will offer you something for the trouble.

FedEx did this to me a few weeks ago. I didn't know I was expecting a package so I didn't realize it had been delivered to the vacant house across the street. A week after it was delivered there the homeowner came to check on her house and saw the package and brought it over to me. I wish delivery services would take that extra second to verify addresses before just dropping off packages.
    DS1 July 2010
    DS2 November 2012

TwoBees is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I don't really fault LaserShip as a company as much as the driver for not paying enough attention to what he/she was doing. But it gives me the feeling that this particular driver was either in a rush (meaning that LaserShip may not be able to handle the volume in my area) or new (and needs additional training). Maybe LaserShip is new to my particular area, because I have never heard of them before? In any case, I'm not upset, because when I placed the order I didn't expect the package until Monday, but I do think they can do better next time. I'm glad to hear that others have had good experience with them, because I like the idea of same day/next day shipments (who wouldn't?).
    Mom to a spirited, red-headed, former 28-weeker 10/2009 and a more mellow monkey 12/2013.

I've had tons of problems with lasership. Amazon uses them. Lots of missing packages. I complained often to Amazon. Finally it got better. Good luck.
    Mommy to my wonderful, HEALTHY twin girls
    6/08 - Preemies no more!