Default Help me with school snack please?

Our K classroom is nut free and DDs will be eating snack (in the afternoon since they eat lunch at 11:20) in the classroom. Teacher said the snacks must be pre packaged with ingredient label on it. We will do fruit, yogurt and/or veggies some days, but my girls like stuff like crackers, pretzels and goldfish with their fruit sometimes. What brands do you know of as nut allergy safe that come pre packaged? Also, are there any brand of granola type "bars" you know of as nut safe?
    Anything not pre packaged must come to class with a copy of ingredients label every time. I'm trying to avoid that.

Kindra178 is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Cascadian Farms granola bars are favorites here. Whole Foods 365 cereal bars are also a goto snack. My kids dip them in yogurt. Anything by Enjoy Life. Goldfish and some Annie's stuff is fine too. Finally, Clif Fruit Rope is another choice.

egoldber is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Last year for K snack, I sent in a small container of dry cereal almost every day. Usually Life or Rice Chex. If it's the same thing, you could just make several copies of the label and send it in each time. I also sent in the Fruit Ropes as well sometimes and also GoGo Squeez.
    Beth, mom to older DD (8/01) and younger DD (10/06) and always missing Leah (4/22 - 5/1/05)

Ok, thanks. Ill look into some of these. We also do the applesauce cups and pouches. My problem with certain fruit is the browning factor since one DD likes apples/pears peeled and I don't know if I can do a vinegar/lemon juice dip every time.

KpbS is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

How about little boxes of craisins or raisins? Also, I think they sell small bags of pretzels (Syder's) and goldfish (snack size).
    K

Thanks, we eat a lot of raisins around here and I totally forgot about the small boxes.
    Are nut free foods labeled ever or is it only the not-safe ones that are labeled? I always forget this and am trying to get a list prepared for when I hit the market this w/e to stock up. I know I've seen certain things with the warning (processed on shared equipment/processed in a facility with nuts etc) but need to educate myself on these pre packaged snacks!
    I will make a bunch of copies of ingredient labels for a few items that my girls really love that I can't get pre packaged. I am so over all the junk they've been wanting all summer and want to keep them eating healthy at school. I know they'll be sick of yogurt, cheese and raisins by October!

KpbS is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

There are also those little fruit cups--mixed fruit, mandarins, etc.
    K

inmypjs is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Do they have a refrigerator or can you bring a small cooler? We buy Gogurt Simple and string cheese sticks from Costco. If you have one near you they also sell the individually packaged Goldfish and Annie's crackers One other thing I've done is a meat/cheese tray by Hillshire Farm from Target. It comes with Ritz crackers and sliced meat and cheese. You'd have to be sure the teacher was okay with snack in that format though...