Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Seattle

sweetsue98 is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Default Seattle

DH and I are planning a 5 day trip to seattle mid September. We are staying at the Hyatt downtown. We are currently planning to do all the touristy things. The bikini coffee shop is on the top of his list??? Lol! There are many things we want to do but not sure how long it would take. Anyone want to help with planning our agenda and suggesting restaurants?

sntm is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Sure! What things do you like - food, activities, sites?
    shannon
    ~~~~~~~~~~~
    Another Queen of the House of Boys:
    DS#1 2003
    DS#2 my mother's day gift 2012
    DH
    Mikey, the cat and rhinestone-collared, pink-leashed Schatze, our Rottweiler girl

We did a long weekend trip to Seattle--loved it!! The aquarium is amazing (and this was just DH and I!), loved Pikes Place market, several museums, the underground Seattle tour was a hoot. The restaurants were awesome!! Our trip was 8 years ago, so things have changed, I am sure. But it is such a great place. You will have fun!
    Mom to:
    DS '02
    DS '05
    Percy--the wild furry child!!! 2022----
    Simon--the first King Charles cutie 2009-2022
    RIP Andy, the furry first child, 1996-2012

"The task of any religion is not to tell us who we are entitled to hate but to teach us who we are required to love."

We would like to see pikes market, space needle, and anything touristy. We love seafood and would like to have seafood for dinners. Thanks so much for your imput!!!

DH and I just got back from a 5 day trip..we stayed at the grand hyatt and had an amazing view all the way down to the market. We did the market ghost tour one night and it was really fun. We also ate at a couple of Tom Douglas restaurants (Lola & Dahlia Longe). You have to get the donuts at either of those restaurants or at the dahlia bakery...amazing!! Yellow leaf cupcakes are incredible. We did a gourmet food walking tour and it was great. Can you tell there is a theme? We ate our way through Seattle. Went to Tilth for my birthday dinner and I would totally recommend it. Matt's in the market is good. Must do Beechers for a grilled cheese & Mac n cheese. The Chihuly glass museum is awesome. Also did a harbor cruise which was fun. Have a great trip...we loved Seattle.
    Melissa

Mom to Emma (4/03), Kate (7/05), Sam and Claire (6/09)

It is Pike Place Market, not Pikes. It is a great market.

Quote Originally Posted by missliss55 View Post
    DH and I just got back from a 5 day trip..we stayed at the grand hyatt and had an amazing view all the way down to the market. We did the market ghost tour one night and it was really fun. We also ate at a couple of Tom Douglas restaurants (Lola & Dahlia Longe). You have to get the donuts at either of those restaurants or at the dahlia bakery...amazing!! Yellow leaf cupcakes are incredible. We did a gourmet food walking tour and it was great. Can you tell there is a theme? We ate our way through Seattle. Went to Tilth for my birthday dinner and I would totally recommend it. Matt's in the market is good. Must do Beechers for a grilled cheese & Mac n cheese. The Chihuly glass museum is awesome. Also did a harbor cruise which was fun. Have a great trip...we loved Seattle.
    We are staying at the grand Hyatt too! Thanks for all the great suggestions! We love eating our way through cities too!

Get a crumpet for breakfast or a snack one day at the crumpet shop in the market. Delicious!
    Melissa

Mom to Emma (4/03), Kate (7/05), Sam and Claire (6/09)

sntm is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Pike Place Market is fun, but best during weekdays midday. There is a great Vietnamese shop that I can't remember the name of there that was featured on Anthony Bourdain. Matt's in the Market is also superb. The original Starbucks is at the north end of the market. Great downtown restaurants: Lola for brunch, Serious Pie for unusual pizza, Dahlia Lounge for triple coconut pie and doughnuts as well as food, Shiro for sushi, Tavolata for italian, Japonessa. Hit Fran's chocolates at the Four Seasons (it's Obama's fave, the sea salt caramels.... mmmmmm). Flying Fish on westlake for seafood. Drive up to Shilshole and eat at Anthony's on the deck (also seafood) or Palisade in Magnolia and see the cruise ships. In West Seattle, Salty's has a major brunch and the best bakery - Bakery Nouveau. Via Tribunali for wood fired pizza. Oh, and if you like Man vs Food, Beth's Cafe on Aurora is the site of the 12 egg omellete.

Sites: The aquarium is great. The Seattle Great Wheel is new and offers an amazing view. In Seattle Center, the science museum is awesome, EMP is amazing, the children's museum is skippable, the Chihuly Glass Museum is supposed to be astounding though I haven't seen it. The Space Needle tour is overrated but you still have to do it. Don't eat there. Take the Monorail back downtown. MOHAI (museum of industry) is on South Lake Union and is lots of fun, plus pretty to see. The zoo is very good, though a little further away. Museum of Flight is pretty far south near the airport but is amazing and has a shuttle simulator. Seattle Art Museum is great. See the library downtown for the architecture. Kids love the duck boats, but if you see a scowling lady in an Audi with a Foonf in the back, that's me annoyed with the duck boats.

Other cool sites- Crocodile in Belltown, where many of the grunge bands started off early. In Capitol Hill, Unicorn and Value Village were the sites of Macklemore video for Thrift Shop. Dave Matthews shops all the time at the QFC in Wallingford.

Hope that helps
    shannon
    ~~~~~~~~~~~
    Another Queen of the House of Boys:
    DS#1 2003
    DS#2 my mother's day gift 2012
    DH
    Mikey, the cat and rhinestone-collared, pink-leashed Schatze, our Rottweiler girl

Thank you so much for all the suggestions!!!! I'm soooooo excited!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast