Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    egoldber is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

There is no manufacturer on the bottle, it just says "generic for Concerta". I saw that blog and what we have does not look like any of those pictures. I would think it was the wrong thing except it does say "27" on the pill and the odd dosages of Concerta (18, 27, 36, 54) are part of what make it easy to identify. Previously what we had was the Alza 27 in the gray capsule, very distinctive.

Older DD has taken generic Prozac for any years with no issues, so I don't have a generic bias so much, it's just that this works differently.
    Beth, mom to older DD (8/01) and younger DD (10/06) and always missing Leah (4/22 - 5/1/05)

o_mom is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

I'm surprised there is no manufacturer listed! Every prescription we get has one listed on the label. I assumed that was to be able to track in case of recalls.

Anyway, it looks like there is a third generic on the market now. Watson generic is actually just brand-name Concerta relabeled, which is the 'Alza 27' you had before. Mallinckrodt was the next one to come out and those are the pictures that were in the link. Kudco now has approval (as of July), so likely that is the one you are getting. The ANDA hasn't been posted on the FDA website so they don't even have a description available.

As far as I can tell only Watson is using the osmotic release system because they are actually the exact same as brand-name. The other two are just extended release of some variety. I'm actually surprised they were able to show bioequivalence with a different system.
    Mama to three boys ('03, '05, '07)

chays is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

My Generic says ALZA 18 on the tablet and the bottle says WATS - I assume Watson. Just got it filled at Safeway pharmacy on Friday.
    chays

DS1 2003
    DD 2006
    DS2 2009

So I realized that the manufacturer name was obscured by a peel and stick warning label applied by the pharmacist.

The manufacturer is Kremers Urban. They got approval in July to sell the 18 and 27 mg Concerta generic and the 36 and 54 are coming soon. I think KU is a division of UCB. UCB made the generic of Metadate CD that she was taking previously and frankly, this version of Concerta acts a lot like the Metadate CD generic she was taking previously.

Chays, our last batch of Concerta was by Watson. But that is not really a generic. It's manufacturerd by Janssen, the name brand Concerta manufacturer, and sold under the generic label by Watson.
    Last edited by egoldber; 09-02-2013 at 09:36 AM.
    Beth, mom to older DD (8/01) and younger DD (10/06) and always missing Leah (4/22 - 5/1/05)

I would go ahead and file a complaint with the FDA. The delivery mechanism is what makes Concerta different than Metadate so to claim they are equivalent is pretty shaky.

I filed a complaint and I am trying to get the pharmacist to replace the days we have left. Last night was so unbelievably horrible I cannot even describe it. Plus I am now used to having her medicated, so having it full worn off by 4 and rebounding as well made last night awful for everyone. I noticed things were not right before, but since school started on Tuesday, things have gotten exponentially worse!

Quote Originally Posted by egoldber View Post
    I filed a complaint and I am trying to get the pharmacist to replace the days we have left. Last night was so unbelievably horrible I cannot even describe it. Plus I am now used to having her medicated, so having it full worn off by 4 and rebounding as well made last night awful for everyone. I noticed things were not right before, but since school started on Tuesday, things have gotten exponentially worse!
    Oh that sucks. I'm watching this with interest as Concerta is the first choice of our doc if we decide to go that route. I hope they are able to replace it for you.

The good news is the head pharmacist swapped the remaining pills without any issue at all. Although the assistant pharmacist I spoke with last night (who was perhaps a pharmacy tech) told me they couldn't do that. The bad news is that he told me they would try to order more from this manufacturer for next month, but he couldn't guarantee they would have it.

O_mom, when we initially tried Concerta a few months ago, it didn't go well. But after she had been on another med for awhile we decided to try the Concerta again and it worked beautifully for her. So it was just awful when this new version didn't work! I guess the good news is she was fine at school, it was just home that was a disaster. Sigh.
    Last edited by egoldber; 09-05-2013 at 04:26 PM.

I know this thread is older, but wanted to add this to it:

http://www.raps.org/Regulatory-Focus...Have-Problems/

Ha!!!! I knew it!!!!! And glad I complained to the FDA!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast