Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    Tondi G is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by lkoala View Post
    That is a great idea! Thanks for sharing! Definitely beats DD's idea of dyeing her hair red... Now to figure out the clothes!
    A striped shirt and striped tights or knee socks (tights are good if it is cold where you live) and then a denim jumper/dress. Our neighbor actually made a little dress .. like a pillowcase style. patched a couple of striped squares on it... it was super cute. http://www.coolmummy.co.uk/bigandlit...ss_project.jpg

something like this but imagine just a solid blue and then some colorful little patches on it
    http://www.etsy.com/listing/70243723...earch_type=all

ahisma is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by lkoala View Post
    That is a great idea! Thanks for sharing! Definitely beats DD's idea of dyeing her hair red... Now to figure out the clothes!
    Just say no to the hair dye, LOL! I did that one year. DS1 was a newborn and I totally dropped the ball on getting a wig for DD's Annie costume. She had been an only child until then and was 8, so I was feeling super guilty. Somehow in my postpartum haze, I decided it was easier / quicker to use temporary dye from the corner store than to go buy a wig. It didn't wash out for months! Who dyes their 8 year old's hair? Oops!

Quote Originally Posted by Tondi G View Post
    A striped shirt and striped tights or knee socks (tights are good if it is cold where you live) and then a denim jumper/dress. Our neighbor actually made a little dress .. like a pillowcase style. patched a couple of striped squares on it... it was super cute. http://www.coolmummy.co.uk/bigandlit...ss_project.jpg

something like this but imagine just a solid blue and then some colorful little patches on it
    http://www.etsy.com/listing/70243723...earch_type=all
    I think i have a denim dress/tunic that might work if DD hasn't outgrown it... Otherwise i will check out consignment shops for a denim or blue dress like the ones you linked to. I think we may have a Pippi yet!

Quote Originally Posted by ahisma View Post
    Just say no to the hair dye, LOL! I did that one year. DS1 was a newborn and I totally dropped the ball on getting a wig for DD's Annie costume. She had been an only child until then and was 8, so I was feeling super guilty. Somehow in my postpartum haze, I decided it was easier / quicker to use temporary dye from the corner store than to go buy a wig. It didn't wash out for months! Who dyes their 8 year old's hair? Oops!

Hey at least you had a good excuse! I was just thinking a wig but the glowstick idea sounds much better if we can pull it off... DD has very fine straight hair... Totally unlike my rats nest which is doing a fine job standing up without any help today.

flashy09 is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

People MAKE Halloween costumes?? Wow. I thought I was Halloween supermom because I am already starting to look online for the costume, lol.
    DD1 9 yrs old 12/2011
    DD2 7 yrs old 01/2014

maestramommy is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

You gotta let it go. Maybe it's just her thing?

I spend a fair amount of time on Halloween costumes (starting the month before), but I don't have the brain cells to think of a group theme (assuming my Dh would even be caught dead in a Pooh costume!), and my main motivation is to spend as little money as possible, lol. Yes, I pay for it in labor, but that's the way my brain works. DD1 is Mulan this year. I found a pink "satiny" bathrobe at Savers a and bought remnants at Jo-Ann's for the sash. DD2 is Belle before, and I found 2 pillowcases in the PERFECT blue to make the jumper (again at Savers, I'm starting to love that place). DD3 is Ponyo, someone from an FB yard sale GAVE me a dress that I'm going to tweak, and I'm making white bloomers from white felt remnants. All this is costing some time because I'm not really a seamstress, I just have a sewing machine. But I'm spending $15 total for all 3 costumes, and they can actually wear them for dressup if they want.
    Last edited by maestramommy; 09-26-2013 at 12:04 PM.
    Melinda
    Mommy to
    The Gift 10/01/05
    Elfgirl 5/25/07
    Sparky 6/27/09

"Sunset to Twilight, Our Family's Journey with Alzheimer's." http://maestramommi.blogspot.com/

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4