DH and I are going away without The Biscuit for the first time for the first time since he was born (thankyou ILs!). DH has a conference in NYC starting Thursday afternoon and running through Friday night; we are going to stay in the City until mid-morning Sunday. We are staying near Times Square.

DH has conference stuff Thursday afternoon and evening and until about 5:00 p.m. Friday evening. On Friday night, we will be going to dinner with other people at the conference. Saturday afternoon we are going to catch a show (probably try to get "Mormon" tickets); Saturday evening we are planing an early dinner at Pok-Pok, a show at 54 Below, and then late supper somewhere; Sunday morning we plan to get up pretty early and hit our favorite Lower East Side joints (Donut Plant, Kossar's, Yonah Schimmel, Russ & Daughters) before snagging the plane and sleeping on the way back.

This means that I have Thursday afternoon/evening/night and all day Friday until cocktail hour TO MYSELF. Which is like a miracle. Now I am trying to figure out what to do!

I lived in the Tri-State area as a kid and have gotten back regularly since then, so I have done all of the standard stuff (Empire State, Statute of Liberty, Met, MOMA, etc.). DH and I went to see Letterman tape the last time we were in town in '10, so that's been done.

Suggestions? I was thinking about getting a ticket for a show from TKTS in the late afternoon on Thursday and then grabbing an early supper by myself at the bar at Pearl Oyster Bar (luuuurrve their lobster rolls!) before the show, but had not gotten past that point.

Any great places to shop (and I mean acquire, not just view)? I need professional work clothes (suits or comparable) and shoes that do not scream frump.

Any great museum shows or exhibitions going on?

What else?