Default nursery monitor with long range.

I know this probably needs to go in some other section, but it will never get a response there and I need some help here.

I need a monitor with LONG range. I prefer digital audio monitoring. I think the video monitoring is overkill for us. I'm planning to combo a high quality, long-range audio monitor with an angelcare movement sensor. I know that angelcare has audio as an option, but the range is only 300ft, which just won't work. does anyone have a good monitor to rec? TIA!
    Megs
    DD1 (13-ish)
    DS (11-ish)
    DD2 (5-ish)

How far do you need to be able to go? I would wait and see how the angelcare works for you. This summer when we were on vacation at a family resort place with little cottages, I left both boys napping in our cottage to go into the lodge to get change and then to their laundry machines to do a couple loads of laundry and I brought it with me and never had any trouble with it giving me out of range signals. I don't know how many feet it was but it seemed like a pretty decent range.
    Angie

Mom to
    DD- 9/09-9/09
    DS- 2011 DS2- 2012 DS3- 2015 DD-2019

We have this one: http://www.amazon.com/Sony-BabyCall-...y+baby+monitor and really like it. We have one in each of the girls' rooms which are on the third floor of our house. The monitors work fine all the way in the basement of the house. I have also carried the monitor with me across the street to pick up the mail and it has worked well.
    Mommy to my little bear cubs DD1 and DD2- 4/2010 and 4/2012

Do you have a smartphone?

AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

My BIL+W has a Summer Infant Video monitor and it works really well for them. Their room is on one side of the house from the kids, and they are often out back (they have about 1/3 of an acre in their backyard) too so they take it outside with them. That is really the only monitor I have ever used. Once it even picked up the neighbor kid next door sleeping in his crib when the signals got crossed.
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

MSWR0319 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

We bought the Baby Call with DS1 because it was recommended in the BB book. I can't tell you how many times I wanted to throw that thing across the room. It had the worst static problem. It would work great for awhile and then all of a sudden get static that wouldn't stop no matter what we tried. We were talking about it one time with a bunch of friends and the 3 that had it also had the same problem. But I know some people love it. Not sure what was causing our static.

Quote Originally Posted by BabyBearsMom View Post
    We have this one: http://www.amazon.com/Sony-BabyCall-...y+baby+monitor and really like it. We have one in each of the girls' rooms which are on the third floor of our house. The monitors work fine all the way in the basement of the house. I have also carried the monitor with me across the street to pick up the mail and it has worked well.
    Yeah that!

Sent from my iPad
    Mama to "The Fantastic Four":
    DS 02
    DD 06
    DS 09
    DD 12

jenstring95 is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by BabyBearsMom View Post
    We had two of these and I really liked them. I especially loved that they use rechargeable batteries, and I always thought the range was plenty adequate. Now, it has also been 6 years since I've been in the baby monitor market, so I can't guarantee that better things haven't come along.