Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Yes, we used the snuza over the angelcare + Motorolla. I do think it is a good idea a PP suggested about waiting until the last minute b/c of warranty issues. Our snuza started draining batteries and we were within the warranty period so they quickly gave us a new one and we haven't changed a battery since nor had any problems and that was a long time ago. But it was an excellent point and I wished I would have thought of it when buying for my baby!

bisous is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Okay, thanks for the tips! I'll read up on the Snuza and the other video options. I do like the idea of integration but maybe separate systems will work better. I think I'll have DH help with this tonight. I'm only 6 weeks away from this baby coming so it seems close to me, but I suppose there is no rush. I think my mom wanted to buy me something I can open at the baby shower I will be having this weekend.

kaharris83 is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

We also never used an Angelcare or movement monitor. We have a Foscam that I use with my computer and our Android phones. We love it.
    DS1 July 2010
    DS2 November 2012

Quote Originally Posted by bisous View Post
    Okay, thanks for the tips! I'll read up on the Snuza and the other video options. I do like the idea of integration but maybe separate systems will work better. I think I'll have DH help with this tonight. I'm only 6 weeks away from this baby coming so it seems close to me, but I suppose there is no rush. I think my mom wanted to buy me something I can open at the baby shower I will be having this weekend.
    We had the snuza too and really disliked it. LOTS of false alarms-once I watched it go off while ds was hiccuping. Another time it went off while I was holding him and we were both breathing. We had the one that vibrated then had a shrill alarm...not fun to have it on a sleeping baby that is in fact breathing normally who is now awake b/c of the darn thing. I also was not a fan of having to take it off and put it back on for middle of the night diaper changes in the early months. The idea is nice and maybe we had a dud, but we didn't like ours at all.

If you get a used angelcare (good idea), get one of the newer used ones (tealish blue with the temperature monitor thing..loved the temp feature since the boys' room is a different temp) vs. the first style used ones (more plain blue, no temp thing), I think many of the complaints from it re: sensitivity had the first model which I think was vastly improved on the second round.

Nobetterdeal.com has a lot of monitors lately and free return shipping, just make sure you test it out when you get it as they do sell amazon returns so you may end up with a brand new one or one that doesn't work, it can be hit and miss. (I have had great luck with kid's stuff and my camera and fitbit, but DH has gotten a broken video game and ps3 from them-easy to return but just check it.)
    Angie

Mom to
    DD- 9/09-9/09
    DS- 2011 DS2- 2012 DS3- 2015 DD-2019

Just wanted to update. I ordered the Samsung that Georgiegirl linked from Nobetterdeal.com. It isn't here yet but it sounds awesome. I'm on the hunt for an angel care monitor on craigslist. Thanks to AngB for steering me towards the newer look. I think that will be really helpful. While the snuza looks awesome, I'm afraid the fact that it is on the diaper will really bug me!

We're going to be all monitored out with this baby. Maybe that will help me with peace of mind this time around.

Thanks, all!

I bet you will like the monitor! I tested out my sisters Motorola and I like the Samsung better. They daytime video is super clear, and the nighttime is fuzzy...but that's typical for night vision. The pan/tilt controls are very easy to use. I have a second camera since my 4 year old still wakes up.

Oh, I it's bought a snuza for Ds2. I picked it over the angelcare since he naps and sleeps in random places. I saw on one video that you can clip it to fitted pants too, which is probably what I will do.
    DD (3/06)
    DS1 (7/09)
    DS2 (8/13)

barkley1 is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Just wanted to update. I ordered the Samsung that Georgiegirl linked from Nobetterdeal.com. It isn't here yet but it sounds awesome. I'm on the hunt for an angel care monitor on craigslist. Thanks to AngB for steering me towards the newer look. I think that will be really helpful. While the snuza looks awesome, I'm afraid the fact that it is on the diaper will really bug me!

We're going to be all monitored out with this baby. Maybe that will help me with peace of mind this time around.

Thanks, all!
    Oh, good choice on the Angelcare vs. Snuza. I forgot we had one of those too....shows how little it got used. It just wasn't as reliable. I actually got it to use when we travelled w/ the PNP - I was too anxious to even go one night w/o the Angelcare! BUT, later I figured out the Angelcare would work with the PNP, too (not the bassinet part tho), so I started taking it w/ me everywhere we went. My friend travelled so much she went so far as to have one angelcare to leave inthe crib, and one that was for travel exclusively. (Ha! The life!!)
    DC ~ 9
    DC ~ 7

Just wanted to update and say that we LOVE the Samsung video monitor! It works great during the day and at night. I find the pan and tilt functions to be really useful. LOVE it and highly recommend! I got a good deal on nobetterdeal.com so look there if you want to get a good price. Hope this helps someone!

Philly Mom is online now Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Just wanted to update and say that we LOVE the Samsung video monitor! It works great during the day and at night. I find the pan and tilt functions to be really useful. LOVE it and highly recommend! I got a good deal on nobetterdeal.com so look there if you want to get a good price. Hope this helps someone!
    Thanks!! We need a new monitor. DD has been sleeping in our room but in a couple weeks I will move her to her own room.

As a total off topic, but does your DD nap in her crib? What do you do to get her to do that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you! I am looking for a monitor. I had never heard of nobetterdeal.com. They really do have good deals!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2