MSWR0319 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Default Do they make kid sized gliders?

DS has sensory issues and loves to rock when he's upset. It helps calm him. We recently got rid of the glider in his room because it was falling to pieces and he asked for something his size that he can rock/glide on his own. He's 5. Has anyone seen a kid sized glider or a nice upholstered rocker? He won't sit in a wooden one, it's not "soft" enough.

Pilotbaby is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I remember seeing one I think on Amazon for infants/toddlers. I can't remember the age it went up to but it may have been as old as 5. Out of curiosity, I just googled it and I see one on ebay that is a duteiller. Not sure if I spelled that correctly but it has a cushion on it and looks pretty comfortable. If a rocking chair is ok, we have one we got at Lowes Grocery store that is wooden but could easily have cushions placed on it.

Pilotbaby is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Pilotbaby View Post
    I remember seeing one I think on Amazon for infants/toddlers. I can't remember the age it went up to but it may have been as old as 5. Out of curiosity, I just googled it and I see one on ebay that is a duteiller. Not sure if I spelled that correctly but it has a cushion on it and looks pretty comfortable. If a rocking chair is ok, we have one we got at Lowes Grocery store that is wooden but could easily have cushions placed on it.
    I should add our rocking chair is for a toddler but depending on how big your five year old is, I think it might still work.

Ikea makes a kid sized poang chair if bouncing would also work.