Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Question update post 23- Britax B-Agile Double or Valco Zee Two?

EDIT: I am trying now to decide between B-Agile double or Valco Zee Two. What info does anyone have to sway me either way?
    Thanks!

I know I can always find it here! :-)

Okay this is the situation- no biggie, just looking to change things up a bit...

- I have a Valco Lattitude from almost 5 years ago. Still in workable condition, but now leave it in the car when I'm with the baby (who is out of the snap-n-go). Compared to the strollers nowadays, it doesn't fold small, doesn't fold easily and doesn't turn well when my 3 yo is in it...

- I have a double Maclaren, Techno I think- I got it used 3 years ago and they said they had it for close to 10 years! It is in perfect condition though. It is is a pain to fold it up, but not unbearable. It also stays in the car.

- I have a Mountain Buggy Urban Double for walking around the neighborhood. I absolutely love this stroller even though it is falling apart. I bought it used and some features on it were not noticed by the individual who picked it up (ahem...), such as the basket's buckle was cracked (no more basket for us), and one seat back's buckle was cracked. I replaced by myself both seat back's buckles, though obviously not professional- it does do the job.

Next:
    I have a 4.5 yo who will either be bike riding (when do walks) or walking when shopping. He is not really included in this equation. My 3 yo definitely still needs a seat for walks, though shopping is not a huge deal. She can use the containment, but doesn't appreciate it at all. Then I have a 14 mo who needs a seat everywhere, obviously. AND THEN I just found out that I am pregnant again (....thank G-d...) So, baby is not due till the summer time-ish, no big rush. However I was thinking about getting a new car stroller and couldn't decide on replacing the single or double- before this even came to my attention, of course...

What would you do to change things around? I had been thinking of a Britax B-agile, double or single. Keeping the MBUD because I can't seem to resell it on my CL :-(, though would love to get the Dual instead... I have no problem selling the Valco, but not many bites on CL either- I probably should just sell it to the highest bidder and be done with it. And the Maclaren I haven't though about yet at all. If I get a B-agile double, obviously they'd both be superfluous.

Any thoughts on this situation?

Thanks so much!
    Last edited by MoeJoe; 12-09-2013 at 01:18 PM. Reason: update

legaleagle is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

The big baby trade show is next month I believe, so sinc you have plenty of time, I'd wait and see what's coming out. Do you plan to babywear at all?

Oh, I was wondering when that is happening- Thanks!
    I do babywear here and there, but not on a constant basis and mainly when the baby is newborn. Though if I need the double for both the older kids (for a long walk and the 4 yo is complaining) I do wear the 1 year old. I just don't like to depend on it because I have arthritis in my shoulders...

Okay, so it seems that the ABC expo didn't come up with any new ideas for my situation. So, my main focus is the Britax B-agile double for the car. Unless there is another idea out there??? Plus, we are going on a trip in January, so whatever stroller it'll be will come along with us too. I was just thinking that an adjustable handlebar would be great because I'm 5'2" and my husband is 6'4"... Not a need, but would be helpful.
    Thanks!

ETA: was just looking around online and maybe another option for me would be the Valco Zee Double? Or Snap Double? Anyone have opinions on those? And another plus would be if the stroller would take a graco carseat.
    Last edited by MoeJoe; 10-17-2013 at 09:26 PM.

ebp913 is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

I had a Snap Duo briefly and thought it was pretty great. I think it's the lightest or one of the lightest doubles out there. If you ever fly American Airlines and plan to take your double with you... you want this stroller because they have a very strict 20 lb weight limit on stroller. Now the Snap Duo is 22 lbs but you can take the wheels off and throw them in your carry on to bring it under the weight limit so you can gate check. Snap Duo has a single canopy which you may or may not like.

The Zee Two is just more featureful that the Snap Duo. The basket on both strollers are pretty great too. I would probably pick the Zee Two over the B-Agile double just for the basket. The Snap Duo handlebar isn't adjustable but the new 2013 Zee Two is so that might be important to you. Any of those are a nice choice. I like the look of the Valco strollers more than the B-Agile but that's purely personal preference. I know that that Valco strollers can take a Graco car seat also. I *think* that the B-Agile double only takes a Britax car seat but I could be wrong.

Edit - it does seem that you can work around to make a Graco car seat work with the B-Agile. See this thread http://www.amazon.com/review/REQES7F...#REQES7FS8D4FX
    Last edited by ebp913; 10-18-2013 at 04:04 PM.
    Wild life with 3 under 3... Growing up too fast

PZMommy is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

American Airlines won't let you check a double stroller no matter what the weight is. No doubles, no jogging strollers, only single strollers less than 20 pounds.

I have a double b agile and I like it. I only use it for Disneyland or places like that. I typically dont need a double anymore, so it is just for those occasions.

kaharris83 is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Just a note the B-Agile double has some of the shortest seat backs of any of the side by side doubles. They're only 18". I got one for our travel stroller but my DS1 was too big for it so I traded it in for a Baby Jogger City Mini Double GT. For younger, smaller kids the B-Agile is probably great. It seemed small and light(relatively speaking) for what it was.
    Last edited by kaharris83; 10-18-2013 at 07:40 PM.
    DS1 July 2010
    DS2 November 2012

Quote Originally Posted by ebp913 View Post
    I had a Snap Duo briefly and thought it was pretty great. I think it's the lightest or one of the lightest doubles out there. If you ever fly American Airlines and plan to take your double with you... you want this stroller because they have a very strict 20 lb weight limit on stroller. Now the Snap Duo is 22 lbs but you can take the wheels off and throw them in your carry on to bring it under the weight limit so you can gate check. Snap Duo has a single canopy which you may or may not like.

The Zee Two is just more featureful that the Snap Duo. The basket on both strollers are pretty great too. I would probably pick the Zee Two over the B-Agile double just for the basket. The Snap Duo handlebar isn't adjustable but the new 2013 Zee Two is so that might be important to you. Any of those are a nice choice. I like the look of the Valco strollers more than the B-Agile but that's purely personal preference. I know that that Valco strollers can take a Graco car seat also. I *think* that the B-Agile double only takes a Britax car seat but I could be wrong.

Edit - it does seem that you can work around to make a Graco car seat work with the B-Agile. See this thread http://www.amazon.com/review/REQES7F...#REQES7FS8D4FX
    I do also prefer the look of the Valco Zee over B-agile, by a lot. The basket is very tempting too, I just don't honestly think it is so impt except when we go on a big trip- like now. Not sure it's worth it to buy a stroller specifically for one trip. And it does cost a bit more than the B-agile- bec. the B-agile I see constantly in Amazon Warehouse for cheaper.

Thank for the info on AA, but we are actually traveling United. Do you know their policy? I checked their site and they don't mention double or weight regarding a stroller at all.

Quote Originally Posted by kaharris83 View Post
    Just a note the B-Agile double has some of the shortest seat backs of any of the side by side doubles. They're only 18". I got one for our travel stroller but my DS1 was too big for it so I traded it in for a Baby Jogger City Mini Double GT. For younger, smaller kids the B-Agile is probably great. It seemed small and light(relatively speaking) for what it was.
    This is interesting to note, but as it happens my kids so far have been on the smaller side of average, so it shouldn't be an issue really. Thanks!

kaharris83 is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by MoeJoe View Post

Thank for the info on AA, but we are actually traveling United. Do you know their policy? I checked their site and they don't mention double or weight regarding a stroller at all.

I think AA is the only airline to have a weight restriction. And I checked their policy and it says you can check larger strollers at the counter. They don't specifically address doubles at all but I would think you could check a double at the counter on them.

United lets you gate check any stroller I'm pretty sure.

I got my B-Agile double for $255 from Kohl's so if you are looking for a deal they may be a good place to check too.
    Last edited by kaharris83; 10-22-2013 at 11:30 PM.
    DS1 July 2010
    DS2 November 2012

Quote Originally Posted by kaharris83 View Post
    I think AA is the only airline to have a weight restriction. And I checked their policy and it says you can check larger strollers at the gate. They don't specifically address doubles at all but I would think you could check a double at the counter on them.

United lets you gate check any stroller I'm pretty sure.

I got my B-Agile double for $255 from Kohl's so if you are looking for a deal they may be a good place to check too.
    You got it in store or online? I've been meaning to go to Kohl's for some returns, so I'll keep an eye out. What colors do they carry? I like the sandstone and on Amazon they are selling it for $300. But, I'm not in a rush to buy right now, I have until January, so I'm just keeping an eye on prices for the time being.
    Thanks!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast