Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Unhappy Unable to decide between B-Agile Double and Valco Snap duo

Its been days I have been trying to figure out which one to buy between the two. B-Agile Double and Valco Snap duo?

I have a hatchback car and so the folded stroller size is important for me. These are the dimensions folded:
    Britax-13H x 30.5W x 30.5
    Valco -13.25x 29.5 x 33L

So Valco is only bigger in length by about 2.5 inches. Which is not too bad.

Also I want to consider travelling - which one would be better. Whether it be small weekly trips to the grocery store so there will be lot of removing the stroller from the car trunk, or also the occasional air travel (domestic/international). Ease of have 2 kids in the stroller and navigating through the security checks?

One of the other uses I am thinking of is - I would like like to keep the kids(3.5 year old and a 1 year old) in the stroller and allow them to be fed near the table when in restaurants rather than remove them and make them seat in the highchairs at the table. Anybody tried this and how feasible is it? So in this scenario I am guessing what would help is that the less space/compact the opened stroller is the better, also higher the seat above the ground the better it would be to feed the kids.

So keeping this things in mind would love to hear from the experiences of you all.
    I hope I can make up my mind soon with your inputs.

ebp913 is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by PZMommy View Post
    American Airlines won't let you check a double stroller no matter what the weight is. No doubles, no jogging strollers, only single strollers less than 20 pounds.

I have a double b agile and I like it. I only use it for Disneyland or places like that. I typically dont need a double anymore, so it is just for those occasions.
    Really?! Well crap, I thought it just had to be under the weight limit.
    Wild life with 3 under 3... Growing up too fast

PZMommy is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by ebp913 View Post
    Really?! Well crap, I thought it just had to be under the weight limit.
    They are super strict. A friend was flying with her twin infants, and they would not let her gate check her double stroller even though it was a snap and go under the weight limit. They said no doubles at all. Very dumb if you ask me! I refuse to fly American Airlines as I'm not going to sacrifice my sons comfort to get a light weight stroller that he is not comfortable with.

ebp913 is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by PZMommy View Post
    They are super strict. A friend was flying with her twin infants, and they would not let her gate check her double stroller even though it was a snap and go under the weight limit. They said no doubles at all. Very dumb if you ask me! I refuse to fly American Airlines as I'm not going to sacrifice my sons comfort to get a light weight stroller that he is not comfortable with.
    I despise AA. They are the absolute worst.
    Wild life with 3 under 3... Growing up too fast

kaharris83 is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by MoeJoe View Post
    You got it in store or online? I've been meaning to go to Kohl's for some returns, so I'll keep an eye out. What colors do they carry? I like the sandstone and on Amazon they are selling it for $300. But, I'm not in a rush to buy right now, I have until January, so I'm just keeping an eye on prices for the time being.
    Thanks!
    Online. They don't sell strollers in store at the ones around here, not sure if they do elsewhere. I believe they have all the available colors usually.
    DS1 July 2010
    DS2 November 2012

Quote Originally Posted by kaharris83 View Post
    Online. They don't sell strollers in store at the ones around here, not sure if they do elsewhere. I believe they have all the available colors usually.
    So, I went to Kohls before you replied and the same here- I probably should've called first... Anyway, I looked online and the price was nowhere near what you got it for- http://www.kohls.com/product/prd-121...e-stroller.jsp. I'll keep my eye open though.

The thing is I am just so so tempted by the Zee! I like it way more than the B-agile, but it's so hard for me to justify the extra expense just for personal taste! And the more I think about the whole thing, the more I go back and forth on the decision... And my husband does not want to hear anymore about it, to say the least!

kaharris83 is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Yes you need to use coupon codes to get the price down. At the time I did it the codes stacked and I got 20% off and 30% off(with a Kohl's card). I also got $50 Kohl's cash on top of the $255 price.

But I will say I wasn't overly impressed with the B-Agile double. Go for the Zee!!
    DS1 July 2010
    DS2 November 2012

Anyone know if strollers go on sale by Black Friday? Everyone is pointing me to the Zee and I want to get a good deal!

Is there a reason you aren't considering the b-ready with extra seat? That's what I got when DS2 came along (during the event when I got the seat for free). Everyone who sees it loves it. I really liked being able to just pop the bay carrier into it, and you can have the baby facing you or facing out. I was worried that DS2 wouldn't like sitting on the bottom, but he's never minded. The only issue is that he can't get in/out on his own very easily, but that's often a good thing. I like that I can remove the bottom seat once I no longer need it. For now, I just leave the top seat off when I'm only going to have one kid with me. It is much larger and heavier than something like the maclaren though. I haven't gotten rid of my techno because I plan to switch back to it once DS1 is really over strollers.
    DS1 - 8/09
    DS2 - 9/11

Quote Originally Posted by indigo99 View Post
    Is there a reason you aren't considering the b-ready with extra seat? That's what I got when DS2 came along (during the event when I got the seat for free). Everyone who sees it loves it. I really liked being able to just pop the bay carrier into it, and you can have the baby facing you or facing out. I was worried that DS2 wouldn't like sitting on the bottom, but he's never minded. The only issue is that he can't get in/out on his own very easily, but that's often a good thing. I like that I can remove the bottom seat once I no longer need it. For now, I just leave the top seat off when I'm only going to have one kid with me. It is much larger and heavier than something like the maclaren though. I haven't gotten rid of my techno because I plan to switch back to it once DS1 is really over strollers.
    That's why

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast