Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    ebp913 is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

Wild life with 3 under 3... Growing up too fast

Quote Originally Posted by ebp913 View Post
    Thanks! The amazon one I had seen but didn't like the color- too light. But, I'll think about the baby's den one... I still have to justify the extra $100 from the Britax. Also, I much prefer the 2013 Zee, so I'm trying to decide if I should just get the Britax for now and when the 2013 (for the adjustable handlebars) goes down in price, re-evaluate. Does that make sense?

So, I had decided on the B-agile mainly and solely because of the lower price. Then I was just waiting for the price to get better because I wasn't in a rush for it anyway. I bought it last week for about $250 on amazon! I was super excited to get it for such a low price and in the color I'd wanted- sandstone.

I just got it and put it together... I think I like the quality of it, the push of it and the kids like the comfort- though they really wouldn't tell me anything otherwise because it's something new! ;-) I do like the color a lot, a bit darker than I'd thought, but that is better anyway.

BUT I really didn't realize how much bigger and heavier it would be than the Maclaren Double that I have! It is bigger open and closed, by a lot... I knew it would be bigger, but didn't realize by how much. I don't want to return it because I don't think there are any better options out there in my price range for my needs. For the most part the size will be okay in our Sienna's trunk. The only issue will be when we go on a road trip (2-3 x's a year) to fit it with all the luggage... And it seems so heavy to be lifted in and out of the trunk. I am nervous about that... I am not weak, but I'm only 5'3" and currently pregnant and seems a bit cumbersome. At least more than the maclaren- which for the record I found extremely annoying to open and close, but easy to take out of the trunk.

Grrrr... I'd hoped to be so happy with this new stroller! But, I guess there is no such thing as perfection!

Did you look at the Valco Snap Dual? It's lighter than most Mac doubles at only 22 lbs.

I did look at it in the store and didn't love it. I don't like the single awning, or the colors it comes in. But, mainly because I didn't like it much better than the B-agile and it was more money, I didn't think it worth it. But, I see now it is a good 8 lbs lighter than the b-agile. Maybe I should rethink it? Also, though, I'd have to purchase an additional carseat adapter with the snap. Do I have to do that anyway with the b-agile? I don't remember...

Did you look at the Valco Snap Dual? It's lighter than most Mac doubles at only 22 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by MoeJoe View Post
    I did look at it in the store and didn't love it. I don't like the single awning, or the colors it comes in. But, mainly because I didn't like it much better than the B-agile and it was more money, I didn't think it worth it. But, I see now it is a good 8 lbs lighter than the b-agile. Maybe I should rethink it? Also, though, I'd have to purchase an additional carseat adapter with the snap. Do I have to do that anyway with the b-agile? I don't remember...
    I've seen them for $300 from Albee and a couple other places so not much more than the B-Agile. I do think you would need a car seat adapter though. Their adapter is nice though so it doesn't encroach on the second seat at all. Also Valco is going to do separate hoods for the Snap Dual soon.

I've seen them for $300 from Albee and a couple other places so not much more than the B-Agile. I do think you would need a car seat adapter though. Their adapter is nice though so it doesn't encroach on the second seat at all. Also Valco is going to do separate hoods for the Snap Dual soon.
    Really?! How soon??? That sounds great- if it is before I really need the double, like May time...

Quote Originally Posted by MoeJoe View Post
    Really?! How soon??? That sounds great- if it is before I really need the double, like May time...
    Maybe by then. You can ask on their Facebook page. They showed pics of it at ABC show recently.

Maybe by then. You can ask on their Facebook page. They showed pics of it at ABC show recently.
    Thanks for the tip, but I looked around and couldn't find any info on it. But, then I went back to both Britax and Valco to compare the specs and even though the Snap is 6 lbs lighter, other features that B-agile has may be more important. These are just things I am figuring out now- so I didn't realize before. It would be nice if it were a little lighter, but I'm going to see how I like it for the time being. However, we are not going to take it on our trip because a- it's brand new and I'm not interested in the airline ruining it within 2 months of purchase! b- it is pretty heavy and bulky compared to the Maclaren, so we'll take that and try to sell it after the trip.

Thanks!

kaharris83 is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Did Strollerqueen have pics of it in her rollout?
    DS1 July 2010
    DS2 November 2012

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast