Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    KrisM is offline Clean Sweep forum moderator

Quote Originally Posted by dogmom View Post
    I wound up getting the Rainbow Loom because after looking into them that was the original made by a father. I decided I'd rather give his family the money than imitators. Although, it wasn't but I few dollars more than a cheaper version, so I'm not that altruistic.

http://www.entrepreneur.com/article/228081

He uses his kids in his YouTube videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/TwistzBandz
    I'd read a similar story about him and it turns out they live in the city I grew up in outside Detroit. Kinda neat.
    Kris

ellies mom is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by dogmom View Post
    I wound up getting the Rainbow Loom because after looking into them that was the original made by a father. I decided I'd rather give his family the money than imitators. Although, it wasn't but I few dollars more than a cheaper version, so I'm not that altruistic.

http://www.entrepreneur.com/article/228081

He uses his kids in his YouTube videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/TwistzBandz
    I agree. I'd rather go with the original as well. I love the story about why he developed it.
    Veronica

Miss Ellie 11/03
    Baby Audrey 4/08

Quote Originally Posted by KpbS View Post
    I want one for me!
    I got both girls ones while we were in Sacramento last week (they aren't sold locally where we are) and the girls end up taking turns letting me monopolize them. Since we can't get them locally and the shipping is super fast, they are my go-to gift right now.

ETA- Our Michaels just started stocking them today.
    Last edited by ellies mom; 10-07-2013 at 07:48 PM.
    Veronica

Miss Ellie 11/03
    Baby Audrey 4/08

mom2binsd is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

My DD is 10, she doesn't have the loom but she makes bracelets with their rubber bands and the plastic hooks.

ang79 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I must be living under a rock but I just found out about these! DD1 (7) came home from school with a bracelet that a friend gave her and she was very excited. What's the age range for this, as I was thinking it might be a good Christmas gift for her. She tends to be a perfectionist though and gets easily frustrated if she can't figure something out right away or get it just the way she wants to. Is it pretty easy to learn for a 7 yr. old?

maydaymommy is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Just wanted to add that I think there is a big difference that hasn't been mentioned. (BUT, I'm not absolutely sure about this because I haven't seen the knock off cra z loom in person).

The Rainbow Loom's three columns of pegs are adjustable. You can switch one around to make a certain stitch easier, and more importantly, you can "square" them off, so the three are in a line, rather than staggered (which you need to do in order to make a couple patterns, like Double Exes).

There's some added versatility with the Rainbow Loom that doesn't seem to be there with the knock off.

Although, if you have a very young kid, maybe it's better to have the pegs immobile? I don't know.
    Big Brother 5/07
    Little Brother 9/09

vonfirmath is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Anyone know if the preteen/young teen market are liking these or not?
    Married 3/04
    DS 8/07
    DD born 8/11

Well, when I stopped by the Learning Express in Sacramento, they had a limit of two looms and almost every customer who came in while I was there was after Rainbow Loom and/or refill bands.
    Veronica

Miss Ellie 11/03
    Baby Audrey 4/08

pastrygirl is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Do your boys use this? In a waiting room, my 4yo son was intrigued by a girl who was using the Rainbow Loom. She showed him how to use it, though he didn't quite get the hang of it. I was impressed at how long she was focused on it, sat still and quiet, etc. I think it would appeal to my 7yo son and might help keep him still. But is it mostly just for bracelets?

chlobo is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Yes, boys use them. There is a 9 year old boy down the street and he regularly makes bracelets with my daughter. The school psychologist also got several looms. She uses them during lunch bunch and the kids love it.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast