JustMe is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Default Dear Special Ed Administrator

This has a lot of BP qualities, but you are the people I wanted to see it so here it is--

Dear Spec Ed Administrator:

No, I do not want to be the person to tell the regular ed teacher that the list she made for dd sucks and everyone I talk to (most of whom are not educators) is horrified and say they could do a much better job. No, I do not want to be the person to tell her that "I want the spec. ed teacher to take over this job". Excuse me, but that does not seem to be a parents' role. Last time I checked I was not on your payroll.

The spec. ed teacher told me herself that she will not be spending all of the resource time dd has in her IEP working with dd individually, and that some of her time will be spent providing consultation to reg ed teachers! Great, more power to her. I'm all for it. The above thing seems like a good thing for her to consult on, no?

Perhaps you are worried about preserving the relationship btwn the spec. ed teacher and the reg ed teacher. I am sure the spec ed teacher has the skills to do this in a diplomatic way. I am sure the reg ed teacher would be thrilled to have her help with this (not being sarcastic here, I really mean this). Anyway, this seems like their thing to be worked out, not mine.

Big sigh. Everytime I have some hope that things can get done for dd in a way that is helpful to her without me having to do so much, that hope gets blasted into little pieces by crazyness.
    lucky single mom to 20 yr old dd and 17 yr old ds through 2 very different adoption routes

hillview is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

I am so sorry! you are such a great advocate for your DD!
    DS #1 Summer 05
    DS #2 Summer 07

Ugh!!! This sounds so frustrating. Your daughter has a good advocate, it is important to sometimes remind others of their jobs.
    All that I am, or hope to be, I owe to my angel mother.
    ~Abraham Lincoln~

JustMe is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Thanks, hillview and MamaKath. Sometimes I really feel like I am crazy when I see the things they come up with.
    lucky single mom to 20 yr old dd and 17 yr old ds through 2 very different adoption routes