mackmama is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Default Hawaii hotel rec for a suite?

Can anyone recommend a 4-5star hotel in Hawaii (any island but Oahu) where there are great family *suites* available? We are not looking for a condo. We are looking for a hotel suite that has at least 2 BR plus a quiet area for a crib (not in family room or bathroom). A 3BR would prob be better so crib could be in 3rd BR but we've also seem rooms where there is an alcove tucked out of the way so people can still watch TV or hang out in family room without waking baby.

We'd like a hotel to be on a nice stretch of beach and kind of fancy. It can be a little pricey but not crazy pricey. Hoping to find a mid season deal somehow.

AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Fairmont Kea Lani in Kihei Maui. We had a partial ocean view room and the ocean view was still amazing . The suite was definitely big enough for a family of 4. It was amazing and we have wanted to go back since our honeymoon in 2003.

This hotel has villas as well, but I know they are pretty pricey.

The regular room we had was a one bedroom, but had a nice pull out couch in the living room or some rooms might have had another bedin the second room and an alcove are with a couch because DH's aunt and uncle and two teenage boys stayed there the summer before we went and had no issues with sleeping arrangements.

I might look for a luxury condo development or one of the vacation resorts by Marriott, Hilton, Wyndham, or Embassy Suites that rent out extra rooms to non time share owners or look for a company that rents time shares to non owners.
    Last edited by AnnieW625; 10-02-2013 at 12:17 PM.
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

mackmama is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by AnnieW625 View Post
    Fairmont Kea Lani in Kihei Maui. We had a partial ocean view room and the ocean view was still amazing . The suite was definitely big enough for a family of 4. It was amazon and we have wanted to go back since our honeymoon in 2003.
    Sounds great. How many BR's?

Quote Originally Posted by AnnieW625 View Post
    Fairmont Kea Lani in Kihei Maui. We had a partial ocean view room and the ocean view was still amazing . The suite was definitely big enough for a family of 4. It was amazing and we have wanted to go back since our honeymoon in 2003.

This hotel has villas as well, but I know they are pretty pricey.

The regular room we had was a one bedroom, but had a nice pull out couch in the living room or some rooms might have had another bedin the second room and an alcove are with a couch because DH's aunt and uncle and two teenage boys stayed there the summer before we went and had no issues with sleeping arrangements.

I might look for a luxury condo development or one of the vacation resorts by Marriott, Hilton, Wyndham, or Embassy Suites that rent out extra rooms to non time share owners or look for a company that rents time shares to non owners.
    We stayed in the villas at the Fairmont. I think some are two bedroom. It is a great luxurious but family friendly place. They also have a nice kid's club

KLD313 is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

I was going to recommend the Fairmont, too. We didn't stay there but nearby and walked around there. That whole area is really nice, I love Maui.
    DD 9/10
    DS 8/12

Look at the Honua Kai on Maui. It's a condo-tel. The units are individually owned but some are managed by the hotel and rented out. Those units have daily maid service. You can also rent through property management companies with no maid service but less expensive and can choose your own unit. We stayed in a 2 BR.

I know you said no condo but it seemed more like hotel to us than condo. There is a Duke's on property as well that serves drinks and lunch poolside. There is also a market that serves light breakfast and grocery items.
    Michelle
    Mom to Kirsten and Kyle