ma912 is offline Copper level (50+ posts)

Default Monitor for two rooms?

I'm looking for a monitor with two transmitters for two rooms for two kids. All I can find are ones that require manually switching between them to hear each kid. I'm looking for something that will allow me to hear either kid in the middle of the night. Is there such a thing?

If not, what have you done to address this issue? Having no monitor isn't an option. Do people just get two monitors?

abh5e8 is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

i put the monitor in the hall between the 2 rooms...and turn the volume all the way up. it has always worked fine that way.

We have a Motorola video monitor that switches between all 3 of our kids' rooms automatically. It stays on each room for 10 seconds or so. Works great for us.
    DD 6/06
    DS 4/09
    DS 5/12

MSWR0319 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by keh602 View Post
    We have a Motorola video monitor that switches between all 3 of our kids' rooms automatically. It stays on each room for 10 seconds or so. Works great for us.
    Except we only have two.

jgenie is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Where do they sell these? I've never seen them at baby stores that I can remember. TIA

Babies R Us carries them for sure, and it looks like Buy Buy Baby does too. Amazon carries it also. The one we have is MBP36, but there are other similar models (different screen size, etc).
    DD 6/06
    DS 4/09
    DS 5/12

jgenie is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Babies R Us carries them for sure, and it looks like Buy Buy Baby does too. Amazon carries it also. The one we have is MBP36, but there are other similar models (different screen size, etc).
    Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by ma912 View Post
    I'm looking for a monitor with two transmitters for two rooms for two kids. All I can find are ones that require manually switching between them to hear each kid. I'm looking for something that will allow me to hear either kid in the middle of the night. Is there such a thing?

If not, what have you done to address this issue? Having no monitor isn't an option. Do people just get two monitors?

We just have two separate inexpensive monitors. Works fine for us.

ma912 is offline Copper level (50+ posts)

Thanks all! I'm thinking I'll use my Sony Baby Call (which I don't really like... but my oldest is 2 so we won't be using it much longer) and will get a DECT monitor for the baby that won't interfere with the SBC. Sound like a good plan?