Thread: Angelcare?

flashy09 is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Default Angelcare?

I need a new monitor...mine is probably 10 yrs old! Barely can see the baby and only static for sound. Since I seem to think my DD is dying anytime she gets a cold/flu I think the Angelcare one might be worth it. How easy to set up is it? Does the baby feel the sensor underneath? Lots of false alarms (I think I would have heart attack).?

If I don't go with that, is there one that is super clear and would allow me to see her from my phone if I was out? Or is that kind of range unheard of....I am totally clueless at monitors!

If it's sold at babiesrus that would be great since I have a 20% off coupon. But not necessary and I don't care what the thing costs if I can her breathing clearly!
    DD1 9 yrs old 12/2011
    DD2 7 yrs old 01/2014

PZMommy is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Once my son was mobile, I got tons of false alarms on our angel care monitor. He liked to sleep in the corners of the crib, and it would set it off numerous times a night. I stopped using it when he was about 10 months old.

wellyes is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

I loved my angelcare monitor for peace of mind. But it was super static-y as an audio monitor, so we didn't use that function. (Didn't need it anyway).
    We bought ours on craigslist but it was in great shape, or appeared to be.
    DD - 8
    DS - 5

Pinky is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

We've been using our Angelcare monitor for nearly 4 years and really like it. We quit using the motion sensor part when she became mobile because of the false alarms. The beep is sure to wake up baby!
    DD Spring 2010