View Poll Results: What age could your DC wipe on his/her own?

Voters
42. You may not vote on this poll
  • age 3 or earlier

7 16.67%
  • age 4

17 40.48%
  • age 5

14 33.33%
  • age 6 or older

6 14.29%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Glad to see at least 7 other people are wiping/wiped 5 year olds. I remember my SIL wiping my DN's butt when he was in K or 1st.
    Mommy to my wonderful, HEALTHY twin girls
    6/08 - Preemies no more!

SnuggleBuggles is online now Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by TwinFoxes View Post
    Glad to see at least 7 other people are wiping/wiped 5 year olds. I remember my SIL wiping my DN's butt when he was in K or 1st.
    I told my 5yo ds2 over the summer that it was over; he had to be done by the time kindergarten started. It worked.

Our ped brought up wiping with our daughter, in avoiding UTIs from incorrect wiping since most little kids can't wipe correctly or remember front to back, her words. Never brought it up with my son, probably since has has a closed system! And discussed it with our friend the ped over a bottle of wine while commiserating on potty training kids. We lead an exciting life!

hellokitty is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

DS1 was fully PT'd when he was around 3.5 yrs old. DS2 and DS3 were NOT well motivated. DS2 was probably day PT'd by 4.5, DS3 has been day PT'd a few months before turning 4. The oldest one never had issues with wiping himself. The younger two, it had to get to the point where I refused to wipe their butt. They knew how to do it, but just didn't want to. A couple months before they started preschool, I basically refused to do it, since they need to know how to do it themselves. Or else, I'd probably be wiping their butts until they were 12.
    Mom to 3 LEGO Maniacs

AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

I voted 4 for DD1, but she was pretty self sufficient from the day she was potty trained, but would always tell me if she needed help with #2.

I didn't vote for DD2, but she is almost 3/1/2 and is very self sufficient now, although if the #2 is nasty I will follow up and wipe. I don't believe that either DD was wiped at school or daycare either.

(DD1 trained at 3 yrs. and a couple of weeks, and DD2 trained at 3 yrs. and a week)
    Last edited by AnnieW625; 10-08-2013 at 02:07 PM.
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

jgenie is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I didn't push it until this past summer since DS1 was starting K. Previously he was going to preschool for 2.5 hours a day. He takes care of everything himself now. I might try a bit earlier with DS2.

edurnemk is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

For pee, he was 3. For poop, He would call out when he was done and I'd wipe him until around 5. Not because he couldn't do it (after all he wipes himslef at school), but because I didn't feel that he could clean up well enough or nor make a mess. But now he always wipes on his own and it seems he does a good job. He's 5.75
    DS 1/08
    DD 7/2012

DS is a late-potty trainer. He'll be 4 in December and pooped trained in July. Early on, we used TP, but I still wipe him at home because skid marks are gross. LOL I don't believe they wipe them at school, but he rarely poops there. Occasionally, I'll see skids in his undies.
    DS: Raising heck since 12/09

Mommy_Mea is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

DS1 pee trained when he was 2.5 years old, poop trained when he was 3.5 years old. He has gone to pee by himself since around 3, pulled pants up, flushed the toilet, washed hands, the whole nine yards. he will go into the bathroom to poop, but still yells for me to wipe. supposedly at school they push for them to wipe, and be self sufficient, but DS1 claims no knowledge of this, and I see no signs of it. So I don't doing I will be wiping hill when he is5 (he is 4.5 now)!

DS2 pee and poop trained at 25 months, he will pee completely on his own, but I still need to wipe him when he poops.
    DS1 June 2009
    DS2 June 2011

HonoluluMom is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

DD was pee and poop trained by 3 years old. However, she still likes for someone to wipe her butt. I've asked her why she doesn't wipe herself after poop and she just says "because."

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast