Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    KrisM is offline Clean Sweep forum moderator

Quote Originally Posted by KrisM View Post
    DS1 is 9. I plan to gift him my kindle so I can get a Paperwhite! He enjoys reading on it, so I think it's a good idea. He'll get some room items, too. I have a bed rest pillow for reading, a bulletin board and a white board, and hope to get a lapdesk. Other than that, I'm not sure.

DD is 7. She was getting a Rainbow Loom, but that is happening now! She wants spy stuff, doll stuff, an erector set, and a digital recorder. She also has some My Little Pony on her wish list. I'll probably get her a lap desk as well.

DS2 is 5. He is getting a Nintendo DS Lite and some games. He will be thrilled. I want to get him some room decorations, like wall clings.

I'm considering the dvd set of The Brady Bunch as a group gift. They enjoy it and we get it every few months from Netflix.
    I picked up a used air hockey table for a group gift. I think it'll be fun to have. It seems to work well and is big enough that DH and I had fun trying it out.

DS1 has a few new board games coming, too. He asked Santa for a Wii U. I hope he's not too bummed when he doesn't get that.

DS2 is getting a 3D night light for his wall. They're pretty cool.

I need to get wrapping!
    Kris

KDsMommy is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by lmh2402 View Post
    just ordered this for DS' "big" gift. we got with the stand and will put in his room. assuming it's not too difficult to move around, it can go outside when the weather is nicer

i would have LOVED this when i was a kid

http://www.hearthsong.com/Room-Play-...ts.htm#reviews
    This is SO cool, my boys would totally LOVE that!
    Christie
    DS '07
    DSS '09
    DSS '12
    DD1 9/21/14

janine is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Really having a hard time with my nephew (I have 2 girls so NO clue on boys)...he is turning 8 and has just about everything. I want to get something in $25-50 range and last year got him Lego + the Playbook. Can anyone help?

Quote Originally Posted by janine View Post
    Really having a hard time with my nephew (I have 2 girls so NO clue on boys)...he is turning 8 and has just about everything. I want to get something in $25-50 range and last year got him Lego + the Playbook. Can anyone help?
    Does he have a favorite sports team? If so, maybe a team shirt or sweatshirt and hat.
    DD (3/06)
    DS1 (7/09)
    DS2 (8/13)

lizzywednesday is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Our eldest nephew will be 8 in May. We are giving him B&N and LEGO store gift cards - he has some BIG things on his wish list and we can't afford to give them to him, so a LEGO gift card might help.

Last year, we gave him LEGO.

The year before, we gave him Hexbugs.
    ==========================================
    Liz
    DD (3/2010)

"Make mistakes! Get messy!" - Miss Frizzle

KrisM is offline Clean Sweep forum moderator

That's about when DS1 started getting into the Diary of a Wimpy kids books.

Does he have a Wii or DS? Maybe a game?

Board games? Blokus, Monopoly, Ticket to Ride, etc. He's getting to the age of playing the more interesting to adults games
    Kris

baileygirl is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I bought 2 of my nephews (9 and 10) rootbeer making kits from amazon. It was about $25. My 7 year-old son mainly asked for sports stuff...football (soft for inside the house), lacrosse sticks, soccer stuff..., video games, candy and books.

kijip is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

F will be 5 and between Christmas and his birthday, two days apart, he will be getting:

Lego Play Book
    A Hero Factory Set
    dollhouse bed
    Stage 1 reader books
    A nerf football
    art supplies
    pajamas
    Katie, mama to a pair of boys.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4