Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    infomama is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Default *Update in 1* Brown sugar balsamic glazed pork (crockpot)

HUGE thumbs up for this recipe. I made it exactly as written, low for 6 hours in the crockpot and finished (two applications of the glaze) under the broiler. Have to give props to my new crockpot http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/stor...een/1016313017 I know my old crockpot would have ruined this meat.
    The meat just falls apart..perfect for pulled pork (if you have any leftovers ). The sauce is SOOO good and the 'bark' that results from the few minutes under the broiler is yum.
    I served it with fresh green beans and potato pancakes I made from leftover mashed potatoes.
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _________________________
    Making this tonight.....I'll let you all know how it comes out if there is interest.
    http://food52.com/recipes/22841-croc...ork-tenderloin
    Last edited by infomama; 10-10-2013 at 05:24 PM.

lmh2402 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

i'm definitely interested - please report back!
    mama to my awesome sporty boy (4/09) , precocious little girl (7/12) , and loving doggies (10/05 & 1/14)

mikala is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I'm interested too!

wendibird22 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Yum, I like Balsamic anything!

While we are on pork and crockpots, DH made this the other day and it was to die for good.
    Slow Cooker Pork Chops with Apple Chutney
    http://www.bettycrocker.com/recipes/...d-6d36c4ce42d2
    Mom to two amazing DDs ('07 & '09) and a fur baby.

Gluten free since Nov '11 after non-celiac gluten sensitive diagnosis. Have had great improvement or total elimination of: migraines, bloating/distention, heartburn, cystic acne, canker sores, bleeding gums, eczema on elbows, dry skin and scalp, muscle cramps, PMS, hair loss, heart palpitations, fatigue. I'm amazed.

oneplustwo is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Please do report back! I make a country style pork ribs with maple syrup in the crockpot that my family adores, so this sounds right up our alley.
    “The difference between perseverance and obstinacy is that one often comes from a strong will,
    and the other from a strong won’t.” Henry Ward Beecher

Worry is like a rocking chair ~ it keeps you busy but it doesn't get you anywhere.

for Sandy Hook Elementary School

Quote Originally Posted by wendibird22 View Post
    Yum, I like Balsamic anything!

While we are on pork and crockpots, DH made this the other day and it was to die for good.
    Slow Cooker Pork Chops with Apple Chutney
    http://www.bettycrocker.com/recipes/...d-6d36c4ce42d2
    Thanks for posting this!!!! I need something for dinner tonight, and I'm totally unmotivated. This sounds delicious.

Melaine is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

On the crockpot pork note, who posted the crock pot recipe with 1 beer, pork loin, can of sauerkraut, chopped apple? We loved it!!! It was good the first day and even better left over, served in tortillas. Thanks whoever it was!

Oh, that sounds good too Melaine! What kind of beer? I don't know about eating it on a tortilla, but a pretzel roll sounds good with pork and kraut.

Melaine is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by zukeypur View Post
    Oh, that sounds good too Melaine! What kind of beer? I don't know about eating it on a tortilla, but a pretzel roll sounds good with pork and kraut.
    We just used one bottle of whatever Autumn beer we had, from the seasonal 12 pack. Pretzel roll would be delicious, we just had tortillas lying around. Yum!

We always have tortillas lying around, lol. My kids think they go with everything.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast