Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default can I vent about babywearing?

why oh why can't I find a reasonably priced used ergo??? i don't want to fork over that kind of cash for something I may not like at all! I love my moby, but DH thinks it's weird and won't wear it, so i need a more "man friendly" carrier for him. I am not doing the bjorn (which someone gave me!) because of the hip dysplasia thing, but the hip-friendly options are so pricey! UGH!
    Megs
    DD1 (13-ish)
    DS (11-ish)
    DD2 (5-ish)

Pilotbaby is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Do you have a local babywearing group? Maybe they can point you in the right direction.

mikala is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

What is your price range? I've seen them new for $60-70 lately. I think they are one of those things that people tend to hang onto for awhile.

Not sure if you have one close by but I saw several Ergo's at TJ Maxx/Homegoods just last week for $69 I believe. I would keep checking Craigslist too because they come up frequently but sell fast.

Sent from my SGH-T989
    DD#1 11/23/05
    DD#2 12/9/10
    DD#3 9/4/13

I totally understand your frustration. I've only ever seen an ergo used around here 1x. I've never seen one on CL or local FB groups. To a certain extent I think that it has to do with region. I see the same thing with higher end strollers....its all babytrend and graco around here. I definitely think a babywearing group would be great if you can find something local....maybe even someone who could let you try it out. (Though for me I couldn't find a group).

All that said, I got mine on Ebay for about $50-60 a year ago and use it ALL.THE.TIME.
    --------
    DS - Adopted by loving parents 1995
    DS1 7/2009 ('Stachio)
    DS2 9/2011 (Peanut)

abh5e8 is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

i think the cost is due to the great design and materials. and because people like them so much, and keep them so long, they are hard to find at much of a discount used.

maybe try amazon so your dh coudl try it and then return if he doesn't like it?

Tenasparkl is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by ECUPirateMom View Post
    Not sure if you have one close by but I saw several Ergo's at TJ Maxx/Homegoods just last week for $69 I believe.
    I just saw the same thing. Worth a look if there's a local store.

TwoBees is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Have you looked at frogmama.com's clearance section? She resells EUC and GUC carriers. I got an Angelpack from her several years ago and it was in great shape, great price.

I think quirkybaby.com might do the same thing.
    Mom to a spirited, red-headed, former 28-weeker 10/2009 and a more mellow monkey 12/2013.

lizzywednesday is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

New ones turn up every now & again at TJ Maxx in my area in the $60-$70 range.

QuirkyBaby does have an "outlet" section, yes. And now that Rachel has started a carrier "rental" service, she may have more available!
    ==========================================
    Liz
    DD (3/2010)

"Make mistakes! Get messy!" - Miss Frizzle

queenmama is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Just a heads up: if you have a tall baby you may not like the Ergo. DD has been consistently in the 95% for height and weight, and we had to ditch the Ergo right at 12 months. The back panel isn't very high and she would lean back, making it uncomfortable for me and (potentially) dangerous for herself.

Having said that, some people happily use theirs for YEARS! You may love it and the fit could be just right for you and babe! But I strongly recommend you try one before buying. Boba has a taller panel if you need it, and even the standard size Tula panel is taller than Ergo (we bought a toddler Tula), though not quite as tall as Boba.

HTH!

Lara
    Mama to Henry (6/2000) and Agnes (4/2012)
    old school member of the BBB

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast