Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

I'd have to unfriend a lot of my family if I did this...LOL

Personally, I hide people from my feed as soon as they post political stuff (that is us vs. them. political just in general is fine. I don't really care about other people's politics all that much) so that I won't know this stuff about them. In your situation, I'd hide her in my feed for sure on fb and probably decline the invite if you're ready to let this friendship slide. Is she a good friend otherwise or are there more reasons why you're ready to move on?
    Megs
    DD1 (13-ish)
    DS (11-ish)
    DD2 (5-ish)

lizzywednesday is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I hide a lot of folks' posts if they get too political or too preachy.

If it's not someone I'm close to, I tend to decline party invites. And ESPECIALLY sales party invites. I'm just not comfortable with that.
    ==========================================
    Liz
    DD (3/2010)

"Make mistakes! Get messy!" - Miss Frizzle

Quote Originally Posted by megs4413 View Post
    Is she a good friend otherwise or are there more reasons why you're ready to move on?
    Not a good friend, really more of a casual acquaintance really. And I too hate sales parties so that alone makes me want to decline. I think I'm just trying to check my own reaction here to see if I'm... I don't know... being prejudiced somehow against someone with different beliefs?

Quote Originally Posted by #2ontheway View Post
    ... I don't know... being prejudiced somehow against someone with different beliefs?
    I'm fine with friends who have different believes. I'm not fine with people who post completely wackadoodle stuff from fringe websites and call it news. I have a friend who reposted something about the "liberal media hiding" Obama's low approval rating last week, which wasn't true because I saw it on the news and I think I got a CNN alert on my phone. But my friend doesn't actually watch the news or read papers or follow politics in any meaning way. She just reposts stuff that pops up on her Facebook. But I love her and we don't talk politics in person, so I ignore it.
    DS: Raising heck since 12/09

khm is offline Ruby level (4000+ posts)

I'd decline the sales party regardless of FB, I hate those. Hate.

As for FB, it is a very interesting window into some people's personalities. I would probably leave her for comedic value for a bit, then I'd end up hiding her. It is also possible her FB personality will mellow, so, you can check back in on her later.

schrocat is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I just unfriend them. I've unfriended a few mommy friends because of their overtly political posts. I still see them on our normal facebook group page.

I hide friends who I really like but can't handle their political rants.

flashy09 is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I don't like sales parties so would say no just for that, but as far as the friendship I would probably just hide her posts on Facebook so I didn't have to see them. If she was fine in person, I would be fine with her. If she started in on her rants face to face and didn't accept to "agree to disagree" and move on, then I would avoid her. I don't base a lot on Facebook posts though.
    DD1 9 yrs old 12/2011
    DD2 7 yrs old 01/2014

Yep, I hide anyone whose posts on politics or parenting philosophies get me worked up. I want facebook to be a positive place for me. And a polite "sorry, can't make it" without a reason is sufficient for the sales party. I have one acquaintance out here whose kids are total brats but has pursued friendship more than almost anyone else since we moved. I occasionally meet her at a park, but I never initiate meeting and turn her down frequently. It is slowly fizzling with the school year progressing and new friendships for our kids.
    Sharing advice/encouragement for homeschoolers at Homeschooling for Normal People

mom2binsd is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

My best friend is the total opposite politically to me, she often posts about so much anti Obama stuff and we often talk a bit about, we agree to disagree and leave it at that. We talk almost daily so lots of stuff comes up, but we haven't let it hurt our friendship.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast