Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    calv is offline Ruby level (4000+ posts)

Default FAVORITE stocking stuffer items for the kids =)

what are some fun/different things to put in the XMas stockings? I know many do tooth brushes and such but looking for unique ideas! TIA =)

Binkandabee is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Every year I put a personalized ornament in my girls stockings. It's a representation of them for that year, their interests, an activity they participated in, something along those lines. The girls LOVE this ornament that they believe Santa made just for them I've ordered them from Etsy and christmasspiritshop. We put them on the tree every year and when the girls have their own trees, it will be something that they can use as adults as well. Thanks for posting this....I need to get on getting these ordered .
    DD 07/03
    DD 07/08
    Our family is complete!

calv is offline Ruby level (4000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Binkandabee View Post
    Every year I put a personalized ornament in my girls stockings. It's a representation of them for that year, their interests, an activity they participated in, something along those lines. The girls LOVE this ornament that they believe Santa made just for them I've ordered them from Etsy and christmasspiritshop. We put them on the tree every year and when the girls have their own trees, it will be something that they can use as adults as well. Thanks for posting this....I need to get on getting these ordered .
    LOVE this. we too do this tradition (because when I got my new house I had a fabulous/meaningful stash of ornaments for my own tree) but we all go together to pick it out on the day we get our santa pics done. Wish I had thought of the from Santa idea.

elliput is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

For the past several years, I have included a Holztiger figure, a Playmobil mystery figure, and some sort of silly wind up or novelty toy.
    Erica
    DD 1/05
    DS 9/08

Since one just does not simply walk into Mordor, I say we form a conga line and dance our way in.
    Excuse me, are you in a play​?

Oil pastels and a small sketch book wen over well last year with both my 14 year old niece and my 2 year old dd. Ds, age nine at the time, also like it. My 11 year old nephew, not so much.

For or little kids, bubbles, sidewalk chalk (assuming you aren't snowed in) and play silks have all been hits.

Catherine

Tenasparkl is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

I just got some little bagged lego friends sets and some rainbow loom bands.

I haven't done this yet, but a few people on this board have mentioned rolls of scotch tape. My DD was REALLY into taping things last year, but I bet she could get into it again, so I always keep it in the back of my mind. I thought that it was a clever idea for a stocking, as I'm always looking for things that meet the 'size' criteria.

Last year my Mom did a pair of scissors in everyone's stocking because we always need them and are searching for them when opening presents. Our family has always been big on school/office supplies, so we often get things like fun pens, highlighters, post-it notes, etc. For younger kids maybe markers, crayons, stickers, or stamps?

lhafer is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

We also do ornaments that represent whatever my kids were into that year. DD has ornaments of stuff like a penguin, Scoobydoo, Rudolph, etc. I love it! I will have to check out those other sites - I tend to just get mine at a hallmark store.

Also, I usually give small LED flashlights, and those are always a huge hit.

Mine are still pretty little, so I'm doing a Little People tube and maybe puffs for the baby, and will make sure to include a couple new matchbox or hotwheels for DS.
    DS- 6/09
    DD- 4/12
    It's a boy! DS- 2/15

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast