lizzywednesday is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Default Flaky Dry Skin on Forehead

OK, so I wear bangs because I hate the way my face looks without them. Also, they're kind of a security blanket - I've had bangs forever and I'm not planning to grow them out. Ever.

BUT ... I've been noticing lately that I've got patchy, dry, peeling, flaking skin with a bit of rash-like redness on my forehead.

The only thing that I've changed recently is my shampoo due to running out of my 'Cynthia Sylvia Stout' shampoo from LUSH, so I'm using the blue "Herbal Essences" 2-in-1 shampoo I bought months ago because it's what I had in the house.

I'm also using LUSH "Angels on Bare Skin" face scrub/mask (it's not exactly a cleanser) but haven't noticed any other irritation elsewhere - I use it from forehead to chest with no issues. I should follow it up with a moisturizer, but I ran out & can't decide what to get.

At first, I thought it was a reaction from the cream gel I was using to encourage my bobbed hair to wave rather than frizz, but I've stopped using that & the forehead still flakes.

I'm also noticing more dandruff, but that's likely due to the weird temperature swings we've been having lately, so it's probably time to break out the "Snake Oil" scalp treatment.

Any ideas on what's causing the forehead mess?
    ==========================================
    Liz
    DD (3/2010)

"Make mistakes! Get messy!" - Miss Frizzle

I'd guess the shampoo plus the weather changing (lower humidity). There was one shampoo that made my hair look fabulous but gave me cystic acne on my back and edge of hairline.

I think I might have a small patch of what you are describing but it's just just below corner of eyebrow. Never had it before. I use Herbal Essences too but not 2-in1. I can't remember exactly what it is but it's pink. I wonder if it is the shampoo?
    DS1-almost in Kindergarten!
    DS2-preschool

lizzywednesday is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Thanks folks. I suspected it was the shampoo interacting with the cleansing mask but wanted to pick others' brains just in case I was missing something.

I'll be heading out to LUSH to restock shampoo (and probably conditioner) at some point this weekend so I'll toss the Herbal Essences stuff. (I felt wasteful chucking a nearly-full bottle, but now that it's almost gone, I don't feel so terrible about it, KWIM?)
    ==========================================
    Liz
    DD (3/2010)

"Make mistakes! Get messy!" - Miss Frizzle