We have been in our school for 4 years and DD1 is 8 and in 2nd grade. She has autism and apraxia plus a possible learning disability. I have a feeling the school and special ed teacher just can't figure out how to teach her. She still doesn't know her letters, numbers, alphabet, colors, and shapes. She is making progress but no where near what she make. There is a specialized school about 25 minutes from us that deals with kids with autism, ADHD, behavior issues, etc. But now I need to prove the school is not teaching her and even though she is making progress I feel she could make more elsewhere. She does have an IEP and we are having a meeting in 2 weeks to revise it. That's when I want to bring up that I am looking for a new placement for her. Not sure how much they will fight it but assuming they will. Anyone gotten their school district to pay to have their child go to school elsewhere? I feel bad as the special education teacher is trying so hard and has been doing this for over 20 yrs and just can't figure out how to teach her.