Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

No advice on the IEP, but iPhones have a voice recorder if you have access to one. I bet other smart phones do as well. Good luck.
    Mommy to my wonderful, HEALTHY twin girls
    6/08 - Preemies no more!

JustMe is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

3rd update--Well there is considerable good news, but also a dilemma.

They added back in the accommodations they removed! There is a new IEP date set, where we will go over progress, etc, but I am supposed to sign the IEP with the accommodations back in tomorrow. That's the good news.

Here's the dilemma. I read the meeting notice and it says the purpose of the meeting is to add accommodations based on parent input and observations. Hmph, what is true is that the spec ed teacher took the accomodations out without discussion/consent of this initially and now they are (yes, thankfully) putting them back in). So, that is the meeting notice. The actual IEP still states that the classroom teacher had called me to tell me I would be meeting with the new IEP team that first day of school, which is also not true. The reg ed teacher called me to invite me to a one-on-one check in with her.

I plan to just go along with this, as I have copies of the e-mails I sent to the admin detailing what happened if I should need that at any point and, if they are adding the accommodations back in, that is what counts. Also, of course I am not signing the meeting notice but I am signing the IEP. I feel uneasy about helping them wash this over though, but I don't expect them to drag themselves down. Does that make sense or does anyone have different input?
    lucky single mom to 20 yr old dd and 17 yr old ds through 2 very different adoption routes

LBW is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Your IEP contains references to meetings and why they were called? That seems like odd content for an IEP. I would request that it be removed before you sign, especially since it's untrue.
    Tara
    living a crazy life with 3 boys

I am thinking now
    of grief, and of getting past it;
    I feel my boots
    trying to leave the ground,
    I feel my heart
    pumping hard. I want
    to think again of dangerous and noble things.
    I want to be light and frolicsome.
    I want to be improbable beautiful and afraid of nothing,
    as though I had wings.

~Mary Oliver

o_mom is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by LBW View Post
    Your IEP contains references to meetings and why they were called? That seems like odd content for an IEP. I would request that it be removed before you sign, especially since it's untrue.

I agree. Why is that even in there?
    Mama to three boys ('03, '05, '07)

I agree. Can't you just cross them out and have everyone initial and date the changes, then sign?

JustMe is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Hmmn, this is officially called an amended IEP and maybe that is required for an amended IEP?
    lucky single mom to 20 yr old dd and 17 yr old ds through 2 very different adoption routes

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3