So, it took a year and a half to get dd an IEP and an additional year to get her an IEP I felt reflected her needs. I recently posted on the spec ed part of the BBB about some of the spec ed dept's latest shenanigans. In short, after having the spec ed admin critique and wordsmith everyone of my requested accomodations to her liking, the new spec ed teacher this year made changes without my consent or awareness. (This is detailed in my recent post in the spec ed sub-section). I am supposed to sign for this, but was mis-lead about what I was supposed to sign (I was told she just needed to change dates).

Anyway, I work with a local agency that is mandated to mediate between unhappy parents and the school district. It has been about 3 years. They have told me they are frustrated too, but as an agency don't do things through legal routes and try to work things out. Yeah, me too, but it is not working.

I have spoken with the one local spec ed lawyer and, honestly did not like her that much but she has a great reputation. I am not even sure if she can help me or not. I hesitate to go this route because I have good relationships with dd's teacher and have heard that teacher are forbidden to talk to you once this happens. Money is also an issue, and I wonder if I should give up and just spend money I would spend on a lawyer on a tutor--although if I were do do that I would need to post separate questions about that.