geochick is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Default San Diego - Hotel Del with kids ???

If you had 2 quick nights at the Hotel Del (arriving late on a Fri, flying home Sun afternoon), would you leave the hotel with kids? My kids are 7 and 9. We travel to San Diego quite a bit, but rarely go to Coronado. Is there anything we should leave the hotel for on Saturday on Coronado? We'll be using cabs. The last time we stayed at The Del we didn't have kids.

TIA.

Reader is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Except for the beach next to the Del? I wouldn't. We used to live on Coronado, FWIW. It's fun to walk down Orange Avenue & look at the shops. We always to go to Tartine near the ferry landing and visit the library for old time's sake. There is a park near the library but your kids are the same age as my older 2, and they would rather hang out at the beach.

Tondi G is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

you could rent a surrey bike if you wanted to pedal around Coronado.
    http://www.rays-rentals.com/
    http://hollandsbicycles.com/index.ph...=82&Itemid=471

geochick is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Thanks! We got back last night. There's is so much to do right at the Del. Last time we were there a lot of it was boarded up and under construction. We loved the beach. We loved Coronado. There are many restaurants with kid friendly options. I can't wait to go back. Thank you!