wifecat is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Default please rec your prenatal

In my two previous pregnancies, I ended up only able to do chewable vitamins - threw up everything else. But, I took regular prenatals until I was actually pregnant (and I'm not pg - just getting ready).

Anyhoo, do you have an easy-on-the stomach complete prenatal to recommend? Maybe one with DHA?
    Mama to miracles, dd (3/09), ds (12/10), dd (8/14)

I do the gummy prenatals -- they do have DHA, but do not have iron or calcium. I take calcium separately (I think you have to do this with any of them -- most have only smaller amounts, and your body can't absorb that much at once anyway) and do not worry about the iron since my levels were fine when they did bloodwork.

Edit: I also have some Bellybar chewable prenatals. They have iron and a little calcium, but no DHA. They are ok on my stomach too, but the taste and texture is harder to choke down.
    Last edited by gymnbomb; 10-21-2013 at 10:43 AM.

goldenpig is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by gymnbomb View Post
    I do the gummy prenatals -- they do have DHA, but do not have iron or calcium. I take calcium separately (I think you have to do this with any of them -- most have only smaller amounts, and your body can't absorb that much at once anyway) and do not worry about the iron since my levels were fine when they did bloodwork.

Vitafusion prenatal gummy vitamins with DHA.
    I also took extra DHA--the Disney Nemo gummies (they don't taste fishy).
    For calcium I take Vitafusion calcium gummies or Adora dark chocolate calcium supplements (those are seriously addictive--taste just like real chocolate).
    I don't take iron supplements now, but when I was pregnant with DD I was anemic so I used Floradix liquid iron supplements--the regular iron supplements made me too constipated.
    Party of five!
    Double big sister
    Big brother
    Little brother

TwoBees is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I was fine with the target version (no upset stomach, but I did take with food), but the dr wasn't thrilled about the iron content, so he gave me an Rx. The drs were fine with the Target brand the last time around though.
    Mom to a spirited, red-headed, former 28-weeker 10/2009 and a more mellow monkey 12/2013.

I got Dr. Fuhrman's Gentle Prenatal (2x/day, so well-absorbed) because of the data on folic acid (synthetic form) vs. folate (natural form). In his books he presents some interesting research on folic acid and increased risk of cancer (breast for women). I have found studies presented elsewhere (than his book or website), and it gave me a lot of pause, so I switched around 10 weeks to his blend. It's very easy to take, and it's food-based, which I like. It's still cheaper than most Rx versions. http://www.drfuhrman.com/library/har...pplements.aspx

Prior to that I was on Rainbow Prenatal Ones. My tummy tolerated them very well, too, and I liked that they were food-based. Prior to conception I took these and got the best price on amazon. You can also get smaller bottles at Target for a decent price.
    Muffin, 2010
    Bubba, 2013

"You've probably heard the expression 'I believe in God, just not organized religion.' I don't think people would say that if the church truly lived like we are called to live. The expression would change to 'I can't deny what the church does, but I don't believe in their God.' At least then they'd address their rejection of God rather than use the church as a scapegoat." Francis Chan

AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Rainbow Light No Iron multi vitamins. I have constipation issues so I don't take any extra iron. I took an extra folate supplement, but the Rainbow Light ones have 400 mcg of folate as well. My doctor said taking iron free vitamins was fine as long as I wasn't anemic, thank goodness I wasn't.
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

Katigre is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

I do belly bar prenatals.

Sent from my Android phone using Swype
    Mom of 4: Boy (10), Girl (7), Boy (4), Girl (2)