Default Where to take kids near Santa Rosa, CA?

We will be in Santa Rosa next week and I need fun things to do with the kids. We will be there for two weeks while DH is working so lots of time to explore the area. Any recommendations?

Will you have access to a car? Sonoma is only a 30-40 minute drive, and Traintown is cute for your kids' ages: www.traintown.com. It's small, but definitely tailored to the toddler/preschool set.
    DS1 2006
    DS2 2009

Yes we will have our car to drive all over. Can't wait to check this out I'm sure it will be a big hit with DS. Thanks so much!

We live in a town right next to Santa Rosa. What kinds of things do you like to do? There is ice skating at Snoopy's Ice Arena. You can also check out the museum next door. I also second Train Town in Sonoma which my youngest kids love. We were just there 2 weeks ago. Windsor has a cute town green with a park, restaurants and a fun candy shop. Healdsburg also has a great town square too. Sift cupcakes in Santa Rosa is yummy. If you are up to the drive...SF is just a little over an hour a way and there is a lot of great kid stuff to do there. Spring Lake is fun...great park and you can walk around the lake. You could also check out Safari West and do a tour. Pacific Coast Air Museum is fun for kids...you can walk around and look at all the planes. Hope that helps!
    Melissa

Mom to Emma (4/03), Kate (7/05), Sam and Claire (6/09)

AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

The Snoopy Museum is the only thing I can think of, and I have never been. MissLiss gave some great advice, Santa Rosa isn't that far from San Francisco, just don't forget your Golden Gate Bridge fare, which I believe is $10 each way.
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

Amy G is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

Golden Gate Bridge toll is $5 one way. How about the Bay Area Discovery Museum in Sausolito?

Catherine

Quote Originally Posted by crl View Post
    Golden Gate Bridge toll is $5 one way. How about the Bay Area Discovery Museum in Sausolito?

Catherine
    The toll is $5 with Fas Track and $6 without. It is all electronic now too...no toll booths.
    Melissa

Mom to Emma (4/03), Kate (7/05), Sam and Claire (6/09)

Reader is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

If you don't want to drive in, you could take the ferry from Sausalito to the ferry building, then walk to the Exploratorium or just walk through the ferry building and go back. We love taking that ferry!