Default Skip Hop Studio or other?

My Versa, which I LOVED (thank you, BBB suggesters), is a goner! It was inexpensive, and it did the job for 18 months, but now it looks disgusting, the seams are all ripping, and I want something new! I still want a diaper bag, because winter is coming, and I love to have all kinds of extra gear on me at all times. Plus, DD is still very much in diapers.

I want something black this time, and I don't like the look of the Versa in black. I do like the Studio black dot. I can't seem to figure out if the Studio is bigger than the Versa or not and by how much. Also, the reviews on Amazon are not terribly positive. They say the straps look cheap, the lining tears easily, and the fabric looks worn right away. I doubt I'll be using this bag for more than a year, so I really don't want to spend over $100, but I don't want the bag to break down right away either. Should I get the Studio, or something else?

TwoBees is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

The Studio Tote had a different layout than the Versa. It's not very purse-like, but the inner compartment is more boxy and therefore better for newborn stuff. I had one of the fabric dots, although I can't remember the name of the pattern right now. I did have a problem with the stroller strap breaking, and I took it back to BBB and they exchanged it. No other issues, but the fabric I had is not as easy to wipe clean as the Versa. I used it exclusively for the first year, year and a half or so. I posted a comparison a while back, let me see if I can find the link.

ETA: Here's the link. Hope it helps!

http://windsorpeak.com/vbulletin/sho...ighlight=Versa
    Last edited by TwoBees; 10-27-2013 at 07:45 PM. Reason: Added link
    Mom to a spirited, red-headed, former 28-weeker 10/2009 and a more mellow monkey 12/2013.

Thank you, TwoBees! That was really helpful! Also, your Versa in black looks much nicer than the professional pictures I've seen! I never get to see anything in person, because I live in the boonies! I think the Studio may be perfect for me since I think I want something at least as big as the Versa. I have the cream links Versa, and it was very hard to keep clean! I'm hoping black will work better.

TwoBees is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by 123LuckyMom View Post
    Thank you, TwoBees! That was really helpful! Also, your Versa in black looks much nicer than the professional pictures I've seen! I never get to see anything in person, because I live in the boonies! I think the Studio may be perfect for me since I think I want something at least as big as the Versa. I have the cream links Versa, and it was very hard to keep clean! I'm hoping black will work better.
    I love my black Versa! Mine is about 2 years old, maybe they have changed the material since then? The only staining issue I have had is with physical sunblock that rubbed off my body when I was carrying the bag...completely my fault though as that stuff is hard to get off EVERYTHING.
    Mom to a spirited, red-headed, former 28-weeker 10/2009 and a more mellow monkey 12/2013.