Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Those are like unicorns in our house. I think it would have to involve duct tape...and a padlock...and steel.

DS has taken his shoes off for as long as I can remember. When he's bored or in a sign of protest....I have had to double back on walks, revisit stores in the mall, etc.
    ~ Dawn
    Our little monkey (4/2011) & his early holiday present 12/12

I keep shoes and socks in my bag and don't bother putting them on until we reach our destination. Otherwise my 15 month old removes them and hurls them to the far corners of the vehicle.

AnnieW625 is online now Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

DD2 hates shoes and socks (although she has just started wearing socks to bed because she saw me do it and I told her my feet were cold) so there have been times where she has taken her shoes off in the car and not wanted to put them back on when we have gotten to the store that I have put her in the shopping cart without shoes on (she is still small enough to fit in the cart seat) but that has only worked during the warmer months (which here is about 200 days a year, if not a little bit more), but I seriously don't care and it is easier than running around the store looking for her dropped shoes or socks. I am like that too with her in the stroller, but if she wants to get out she has to put shoes on unless we are at the beach. She is getting better about not taking her shoes off at the mall though, but a year ago when she was 2/1/2 I had no problem keeping her confined to her stroller at the mall if she had taken her shoes off. If I really needed something I probably then could have gotten away with 18-24 mos. Robeez because she has small feet, but it never came that and I never got weird looks for having a kid in a stroller without shoes or socks on.
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

♥ms.pacman♥ is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Yes!! we had this same problem with DD at that age. it was especially problem at daycare. we bought the rather old-school looking "baby" shoe from Stride Rite that had LACES all the way up. thankfully they came in sizes big enough to fit DD's large feet. she could not remove them (and DD is a little houdini). let me see if i can find a link.

eta: here are the ones we have. the laces are key. my dd can take off anythign with velcro.
    http://www.striderite.com/store/Site...productdetails

mackmama is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

DC takes off all shoes too - although I've actually come not to mind it. At least the car stays clean without shoes on lol

swissair81 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

T-strap shoes with a buckle? Not many companies make them, but I think Aster does.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2