Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Shoes that toddler can't remove?

Dd2 is 18 months and obsessed with taking off her shoes in the car. She can take off anything!! Is there a toddler proof shoe that works??
    DD1 01/10
    DD2 04/12

rin is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

We've had good luck with the See Kai Run shoes that have the velcro strap that loops completely over the foot, and then back on itself. 16-mo-old DD has a pair sort of like these right now, and can't get them all the way off herself (she can undo the velcro but hasn't been able to manipulate the strap enough to loosen it and take the shoe off). I know we've bought a pair of Stride Rite water sandals that have the same kind of strap, although I think the straps on those were more flexible and the shoes were therefore easier to get off.

Quote Originally Posted by rin View Post
    We've had good luck with the See Kai Run shoes that have the velcro strap that loops completely over the foot, and then back on itself. 16-mo-old DD has a pair sort of like these right now, and can't get them all the way off herself (she can undo the velcro but hasn't been able to manipulate the strap enough to loosen it and take the shoe off). I know we've bought a pair of Stride Rite water sandals that have the same kind of strap, although I think the straps on those were more flexible and the shoes were therefore easier to get off.
    Yep- we have those . She's been able to undo them for months
    DD1 01/10
    DD2 04/12

mikala is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Do you by chance live in a snowy northern climate? If so I'd just accept it and think of her doing you a favor since you would probably want to remove her slushy, salty shoes anyway to protect your car upholstery.

If you find some, please let me know! My 19 month old has never taken a car ride where her shoes didn't come off in the first five minutes! Sometimes I take them off myself when we get in the car just so I don't have to hear the clunk, clunk and go fishing for them on arrival!

I find Keen sneakers more difficult to get on & off than SKR or L&L. They are stiffer and don't open as wide or as easily.

http://www.keenfootwear.com/us/en/pr...ultra%20violet

Tenasparkl is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

18 month old DS can't get these off.

http://www.amazon.com/Livie-Luca-Hun...livie+and+luca

Philly Mom is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I would just accept it but I am ok with no shoes and socks especially in the car. I take DD's shoes and socks off as soon as we get in the car so she is not throwing them of getting upset if she can't get them off. In the morning, I don't put shoes or socks on until the school parking lot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No solution here. We keep a pair of lined crocs in the car do if we have to get out we have something quick to put on his feet.

Those are like unicorns in our house. I think it would have to involve duct tape...and a padlock...and steel.
    Mommy to my little bear cubs DD1 and DD2- 4/2010 and 4/2012

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast