Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    ijopint is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

Yep, I love sardines too!
    I usually buy the one with tomato sauce. I Cook it with pasta with capers , red onion and green peppers (as a subs for Anchovies).
    Sometimes if I have a rice noodles ,i saute it with ginger, garlic ,onion and any vegetables and mix it with the rice noodles.
    Yummy !!

trentsmom is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I like sardines, but I haven't eaten them in years. The only way I knew to eat them was with sour cream on a cracker, but PPs have given some great ideas! My boys like seafood, so I ought to get some sardines and see if they like them. I'll have to put King Oscar on my shopping list and also look for the smoked ones from TJs. And thanks to whoever reminded me that they're full of fish oil. Guess they're good for me, too!
    DS1 11/03
    DS2 5/09

schrocat is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I love sardines but I'm picky about the ones I eat. I like the ones from Costco and TJs. I also like the tomato packed Ayam brand ones that you can find at 99 Ranch.

Costco carries some too.

This Alton Brown sandwich is yummy:
    http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/430851

I've never tried them. Do the taste like anchovies?

JElaineB is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I bought a can of King Oscar ones in olive oil recently but I have been afraid to try them. I think I will after reading this thread. Can anyone comment on the skinless/boneless vs. whole sardines issue? I didn't buy the ones from Costco because they are boneless (and I think skinless) and I have read one of the benefits to eating the whole ones is that the bones have a lot of calcium. I don't take calcium supplements, but I could use another dietary source of calcium.

Quote Originally Posted by JElaineB View Post
    I bought a can of King Oscar ones in olive oil recently but I have been afraid to try them. I think I will after reading this thread. Can anyone comment on the skinless/boneless vs. whole sardines issue? I didn't buy the ones from Costco because they are boneless (and I think skinless) and I have read one of the benefits to eating the whole ones is that the bones have a lot of calcium. I don't take calcium supplements, but I could use another dietary source of calcium.
    the king oscar ones have the skin and bones but the reason why i love this brand is bc i dont taste the bones. im not a baby about it with other brands and if i feel a slight "crunch" im okay with it, but i really prefer not to have any bony texture at all. open a tin. i hope you will be pleasantly surprised how good they are! (but im partial to them. still theyre good!)
    glib-gabbety puke stockings.
    ds 11/09
    dd 10/13

babyonway is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by BunnyBee View Post
    Costco carries some too.
    I LOVE sardines and DD does too which is awesome. Just a bit of a PSA from me though, if you eat sardines you should definately get them with the bone because the bones have all the calcium. The ones at Costco are boneless so the calcium content is VERY small.

As revolting as eating bones sounds you really can't tell I promise
    Mama to my sweet lil girl (Summer 2010)

MMMommy is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

This thread is making me want to open a can and have some for lunch!
    Mommy to Two DDs
    Member of the BBB I Love Brussels Sprouts Society

(Why? Because the banana smilie is just so funny)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3