Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Question Want a lightweight infant stroller ... Valco snap or ?

Hi,
    We are expecting our first child within the next two weeks, and I am trying to find a lightweight infant stroller.

I am looking for:

15 lbs or less
    Full recline or maxi cosi adapter (we have the cybex aton 2 car seat)
    Easy fold
    Upf cover
    Holds baby bag
    One hand push
    Nice quality

We already bought a bob revolution at the rei sidewalk sale for when she gets bigger, but it is not compatible with the car seat. We do a lot of walking and road trips, so I think a light weight option would compliment the bob.

I am considering the snap and snap 4. Any other strollers I should consider? ($500 or less)

Thanks!
    Alice

TwoBees is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I can't remember if the Gluxe has a full recline or only a partial recline. Otherwise I believe it meets your other critera (besides taking a car seat).

The Baby Jogger City Mini single (3-wheel) has an optional adaptor for the Cybex car seat and weighs about 17 lbs. It also has a full recline. The sun shade is amazingly large and the stroller folds flat. It meets your other criteria as well. Ours has served us very well during the past 4 years.
    Mom to a spirited, red-headed, former 28-weeker 10/2009 and a more mellow monkey 12/2013.

I just bought the G-Luxe. It's recommended for 3 months and up and reclines to 120 degrees, not totally flat.

I have never been able to push an umbrella one handed for any distance, not even the good ones. So if it were me and that was an important factor, I would stick with the single handle bar strollers. I haven't ever had a lightweight one so I can't make any personal suggestions. I think the valcos you mention get good reviews as do the BJ City Mini and the Britax knock off (B-Agile?).

Catherine

HipMama is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

The Bugaboo bee has all the features that you want but it's a tab bit heavier, 20lbs I think. Still light. If you take off the seat and just use car seat adapters it would be even lighter. You can get an EUC one for $400 or so

abh5e8 is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

how about a baby jogger versa? its a little heavier, i think 25lbs, but does take the anton and has great bassinet options and reversible seat. it has a great fold, compact and easy. i think it makes a great stroller combo with the bob.

Quote Originally Posted by abh5e8 View Post
    how about a baby jogger versa? its a little heavier, i think 25lbs, but does take the anton and has great bassinet options and reversible seat. it has a great fold, compact and easy. i think it makes a great stroller combo with the bob.
    The bob only weighs 26. The reversible feature is great, but I'm not sure I'd want two strollers so close in weight.

Catherine

todzwife is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I still love my snap
    Shandelle
    Proud mom to Dallin 10/03 Maddie 1/06 Zoey 4/10 Sadie 7/13

ebp913 is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

The Snap is really nice and the car seat adapters for it are easy to use.
    Wild life with 3 under 3... Growing up too fast

I love the Snap. I think it satisfies all the things you listed. Plus you can get air tires later if you want something for rougher terrain. However I would get the 4 wheel instead of 3. I have the 3 wheel and it's just not as stable as a 4 wheel.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast