JustMe is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Default Can you bring food into San Diego Seaworld and Zoo?

We will be trying to save money, plus I'm not a fan of theme park food. Are you allowed to bring food into San Diego Seaworld and Zoo?

Also, anyone know if it is okay to bring natural peanut butter (in a sealed jar) on the airplane)?
    lucky single mom to 20 yr old dd and 17 yr old ds through 2 very different adoption routes

egoldber is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

I don't think you'll be able to carry peanut butter through security. But I have checked soynut butter in my luggage many times. Just make sure to double ziplock it. That's an accident you don't want to clean up from on vacation!

Technically you are allowed to bring in food, but not coolers. I have absolutely packed in things like PB sandwiches, applesauce cups, and water bottles. They will confiscate straws though. They also don't have any straws in Seaworld or the zoo.
    Last edited by egoldber; 11-17-2013 at 05:47 PM.
    Beth, mom to older DD (8/01) and younger DD (10/06) and always missing Leah (4/22 - 5/1/05)

sariana is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

SeaWorld's policy is no outside food allowed, but they don't enforce it. It's true about the straws, though--they are dangerous for the animals.
    DS '04 "Boogaboo"
    DD '08 "Lilybear"

Tondi G is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I think you can bring peanut butter on a plane if it is under 3.4 ounces and fits in a quart size ziploc. A full size jar should be checked in your luggage.

Found this on another site... If it is under 3.4 ounces/100 ml and fits in a quart/liter ziploc bag, sure. It will be considered a gel/liquid by TSA and you will be forced to surrender it or put it in checked bags if larger.
    My understanding is that peanut butter shows a similar consistency to explosives on the checked baggage scan, so you might find that TSA opened it with their dirty blue gloves if you do check it. They could decide to keep it too.
    If it is something special you can't get at your destination, it would be safest to ship it via USPS/UPS/Fedex. If it is regular old PB, buy some at your destination.

Tondi G is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Not the same as say the natural peanut butter from Trader joes but Jif makes to-go cups in a "natural" and they are 1.5 oz per cup. http://www.jif.com/Products/Details?...productId=1192

I don't know where you live, but Wegmans sells little nut butter one serving pouches in their natural foods section. You could put those in your ziploc bag and carry on.
    Mommy to my wonderful, HEALTHY twin girls
    6/08 - Preemies no more!

The zoo doesn't check bags, so you can easily bring food in there. Sea World checks bags, but we haven't had any issues bringing in sandwiches, snacks and drinks. The only time I had a problem was when I tried to bring in leftovers from a lunch I had eaten at a restaurant and was plainly in one of those to-go type containers.