♥ms.pacman♥ is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Default help, outdoor family pics in "cold" weather

i know there's a thread on this already, but i didn't want to hijack. i also think my situation is a little different, in that i don't want to/can't order online, bc the pics are this Saturday, and i don't think if i ordered it would arrive in time.

i am freaking out a bit here. have no experience in taking family pics in cold weather. last year we got our pics taken in Nov but it was 75 degrees so i was in a sleeveless dress, sandals, and everyone wore short sleeves..easy-peasy. now on Saturday it is supposed to be in the 40s, meaning i will have to wear a sweater of some sort. i just bought nice tan Steve Madden boots from Nordstroms, and was planning to wear that with ponte pants along with a Boden tunic. but now the tunic is irrelevant bc i need to wear a sweater on top. I do have two nice warm ponchos from Anthropologie that i bought 2 years ago from recs here..one i wore in holiday photo 2 years ago. i just tried them on the other day, and WOW< they really swallow me up!! with skinny jeans, it seems to exaggerates my apple shape. I bought them when i was much heavier, and i wanted to hide the ginormous tummy i had. Now that i've lost the baby weight i'd prefer something more fitted.

I really really like this Athleta sweater someone suggested in the other tread, but i live nowhere near a store and if i ordered i don't think i'd get it in time.
    http://athleta.gap.com/browse/produc...&pid=930273002

Any suggestions of things i could get at Banana, or Nordies or the like? I will probably be shopping the morning of, bc i have zero time during the week. Oh and with my luck, it will end up being 75 degrees that day (like it was last year). LOL

acmom is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

I was the one who started the other thread - I'm finding outfits for outdoor pics in the cold are hard! There were a couple of good options from Nordstrom and Gap in that thread...would any of those work for you?

fauve01 is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Last edited by fauve01; 11-22-2013 at 12:55 AM.