Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by ♥ms.pacman♥ View Post
    thanks for the replies, everyone!! i know see that with that code 100pc magnatiles would be $90 from creativekidstuff...that's only $6 more than the Playmags so i may just go with Magnatiles and buy the PLaymags carset (with 4 cars plus the "fences") separately, since they are compatible.

Do your kids build/play with them on the floor or at a kids table/light table? i'd love to get a light table but they are pricey, plus I don't know where we'd put it!
    They also have Playmags on Overstock for less....I think my thread a few days ago is why you may be considering these. One of the posters (YouAreTheFocus) found a better deal at Overstock. There was a 10% code on Retail me not that was good for anyone, but now it looks like it is gone. Better yet there is a 12% for new customers...Here is a link to the Overstock coupon page. If you have never ordered from them it will bring down under $70.

http://www.overstock.com/Sports-Toys...131118182352:s

http://www.overstock.com/coupons

Of course after all my research and pondering back and forth I saw the Magnformers video and showed my husband so we are probably leaning that way also I showed one of my DS's both the different types and he voted for the Magformers. My kids are older and we think they may like those better, They just turned 6 and 8, for your age kids though I would go for the Magnatiles or Playmags...I still haven't ordered, such hard decisions! I think I have a harder time with toys sometimes than I do picking out a new car!
    Last edited by Blakes Mommy; 11-22-2013 at 11:49 PM.

acmom is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by fedoragirl View Post
    Magnatiles are the best toy I have given my children. I would gift it over and over again.
    We got our first 2 sets when my kids were exactly the ages of your kids and they have been played with daily since then by both DS and DD. They use them with little animals, playmobil people, super hero and princess figures, matchbox cars, little sports guys, etc. They make awesome stuff and they are a breeze to clean up! They are a toy that I enjoy too.

Ours didn't get much play until DS was 3.5 or 4, but they became huge hits, and I love them, too! DD is fascinated by them at 20 months, and she likes helping to clean them up by waving one over another and hearing them snap together. She's not quite building with them yet, but that time will come.

citymama is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

DD2 is 3.5 and crazy about her Magformers. I'm getting her the Magnatiles and hope she loves them as much. All kids who visit, from 2 to 50, adore the Magformers. DH likes them almost as much as the kids do!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

for Sandy Hook

♥ms.pacman♥ is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

thanks BlakesMommy for reminding me of that Overstock deal, i had forgotten about it!!

so i guess it's $70 for Playmags vs. $90 vs Magnatiles set (both 100 pcs). For a $20 difference, and the addition of the car, i am leaning towards the playmags. However, i went to Amazon to check out the reviews further and now i'm a bit worried after seeing huge influx of (seemingly fake) Amazon reviews.

Is it just me but over 30 ALL short, 5-star glowing reviews ALL POSTED YESTERDAY? Remember few days ago when there was only 7 reviews?? Now there are 44!!! It am really suspicious now I dunno, i get the feeling that if they were really that good salespeople wouldn't have to be dishonest to sell them..

http://www.amazon.com/Playmags-Clear...words=playmags
    Last edited by ♥ms.pacman♥; 11-24-2013 at 09:21 PM.

Yes. Those look fake...all have very similar language and are two lines.
    DD (3/06)
    DS1 (7/09)
    DS2 (8/13)

essnce629 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

FAKE, fake, fake! I'd skip them and go for the tried and true Magnatiles!
    Latia (Birth & Postpartum Doula and Infant Nanny)
    Conner 8/19/03 (My 1st home birthed water baby!)
    Parker 5/23/09 (My 2nd home birthed water baby!)

acmom is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by essnce629 View Post
    I'd skip them and go for the tried and true Magnatiles!
    We got burned on a cheaper magnet toy (one of the kinds with balls and sticks) and they were basically never used bc the magnets weren't strong enough to build with. Especially since the difference is only $20, I'd go with the magnatiles. They are worth every penny at my house for the amount of play they get.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2