blue is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Default Mastitis (UPDATE in OP)...

UPDATE: The mastitis is all better! I will look into the lecithin that was mentioned. I also realized I have been wearing a lot of tight sports bras lately (finely getting more exercise), and I wonder if that contributed to the problem (since some of you said tighter bras caused you problems). My plan is stick with looser bras while I am still nursing for now. Thanks everyone

I started having horrible breast pain yesterday and diagnosed with mastitis today...again. I have had it before right after DS2 was born and then several months of awful pain due to different breast feeding issues. I am so over breast pain and breast feeding related issues.
    Last edited by blue; 12-06-2013 at 08:39 PM. Reason: update
    DS1
    DS2
    DD1

HonoluluMom is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Oh no mama - hope things get better soon!

lizzywednesday is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Ouch! Feel better soon!!!
    ==========================================
    Liz
    DD (3/2010)

"Make mistakes! Get messy!" - Miss Frizzle

SnuggleBuggles is online now Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Mastitis is miserable. Luckily abx usually fix it fast!!

So sorry to hear that! I've BDTD, so I can really relate, mastitis is just awful!

okinawama is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Get thee to the store and buy some lecithin! It did wonders for me to treat and prevent mastitis. When I was dealing with mastitis I searched high and low for info/treatment/prevention options, and time and time again lecithin was recommended! I honestly had no idea until many of the moms here suggested it to me! I hope you feel better soon! Mastitis is awful!

Quote Originally Posted by okinawama View Post
    Get thee to the store and buy some lecithin! It did wonders for me to treat and prevent mastitis. When I was dealing with mastitis I searched high and low for info/treatment/prevention options, and time and time again lecithin was recommended! I honestly had no idea until many of the moms here suggested it to me! I hope you feel better soon! Mastitis is awful!
    Thank you so much for this tip! I had never heard of taking lecithin for Breastfeeding! I have been incredibly lucky and have never had a bad clog or mastitis, but my poor friend has problems often. I'm going to text her right now to tell her about it!

SnuggleBuggles is online now Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Default Mastitis

Lecithin helped me but even more was banishing a certain nursing cami that was causing plugged ducts galore.

bisous is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by SnuggleBuggles View Post
    Lecithin helped me but even more was banishing a certain nursing cami that was causing plugged ducts galore.
    With DS1 I had a few clogged ducts. When I finally realized that I got them EVERY TIME I wore a certain nursing bra! I've realized that while nursing I can only wear super unstructured and soft nursing bras and then I'm okay! I haven't had a clogged duct (or mastitis) since! (I'm on my 4th kid and it has been almost ten years.) Feel better soon!

blue is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Update in OP.
    DS1
    DS2
    DD1