Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

So sorry for the stress.

Yes, I've had packages come as late as 9:30 lately.

If you have a way to drop the gift off at a later time without that being more work, totally do it. So sorry we forgot works just fine.

petesgirl is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Yep, no guarantees on package delivery this time of year! My DH works PT at UPS and said they are way behind. He even took time off his other job to help them out and ended up sleeping in an office in the warehouse for a couple hours one night so he could do back to back shifts.
    Last edited by petesgirl; 12-15-2013 at 01:44 PM.
    Mama to :
    DS1 (July 2011)
    DD (Feb 2014-June 2015)
    DS2 (Apr 2017)

"You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view...Until you climb inside his skin and walk around in it."
    --Atticus Finch (To Kill A Mockingbird)

I feel your pain! However you may still get your package pretty late at night. Like other pp said, crazy hours at 8, 10 and even 11pm because I usually let my boxer out at 1030 for last call before bed and check for packages then. Next morning when I take dog out and usually find a package or two on my doorstep or out by garage door!

For example I had a package that was an exchange ( you don't have to go post office or ups office to drop off, you can get it picked up with pre printed label. It's what I did with my recent exchange , easy process ! And got the exchanged item due to be delivered yesterday. I needed it by this am cuz it's a new pair of snow boots for DS for him to go out play today! So I was miffed when I didn't get any delivery today but lo and behold I had it waiting for me outside front door at 830am this am!
    Mummy to DS1-6/11 and DS2-1/14

♥ms.pacman♥ is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

thanks everyone. i wrote the post at 10:30pm, there was no package then, and did check this morning and still nothing, so i stopped by at Walmart after my yoga class to find something. i took BabyBearsMom advice and stocked up on a bunch of the 97c gender-neutral birthday gift bags in addition to the ones i bought, just so i have enough. Oh and i was happy to find they have cards for 47 cents.

i ended up buying a different Lego set for $12 and tossed in a hotwheels car. was annoyed i had to pay full price but whatever. next time i won't count on amazon Saturday delivery!!

thanks for the info on returning to Amazon. I will have DH deal with that as he's off next week.
    Last edited by ♥ms.pacman♥; 12-15-2013 at 06:31 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2